What does your future look like?
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 115,000 employees.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications.
Would you like to work on the future communication technologies? 5G, IoT, Machine Learning, … We are already there!
Do you like working in a global, multicultural and highly skilled environment with plenty of opportunities for career growth taking key roles?
If you have extensive experience in network design and optimization, we offer you the opportunity to work with operators worldwide, alongside our product development team, shaping the next generation networks. With us you can continuously upskill, in a fast-paced ever-changing technology landscape. Are you up for the challenge?
Want to join us at Ericsson?
Based within the Network Design and Optimization (NDO) Strategic Competence Unit (SCU), a highly experienced globally exposed team at Ericsson located in several countries. You will be working at the cutting edge of technology (5G, IOT, ML/AI, VoLTE, AEO/E2E) and will be involved with projects in many diverse global locations. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert (SME) and a go-to person in the field of Network Design and Optimization. Although this position is based in Spain you will be required to travel extensively to Ericsson and Customer sites around the world, for both short and long duration assignments.
What you’ll do?
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Participate in pre-sales and deliver services in the area of Network Design and Optimization
- Provide network solutions on the latest technologies in Radio Access Network (RAN) space, considering E2E impacts
- Lead discussion with Customers (Technical Staff and Senior Management), understand customer requirements
- Propose solutions, develop and present technical presentations and proposals
- Design solutions that are scalable, robust and cost effective that fulfil operators’ technical and business requirements
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Support product and delivery teams to ensure designed solutions are developed and deployed to meet objectives
- Provide ideas and suggestions to Product Management to further improve/add/modify existing offerings within the Network Design and Optimization portfolio
- Engage business stakeholders in understanding potential technologies capabilities
- Manage customer expectations, implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost
- Work under tight time schedules
What you´ll need?
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
The successful applicant must have a blend of skills required to contribute in pre-sales and delivery processes, use of consulting methodology and development of the technical expertise across the team:
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or IT
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in ICT Industry with experience in pre-sales and service delivery
- Senior consultative approach toward the customer
- Network Design and Optimization experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), VoLTE, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) applied to NDO services, and App Experience Optimization / End-to-End
- End to End knowledge of services, covering devices, RAN, Transport and Packet Core domains
- Very good knowledge of Ericsson equipment, radio network features, algorithms and parameters
- Deep technical knowledge in RAN (the needed skills to be capable of finding solutions to solve issues)
- Deep data analytics knowledge (statistical tools, methods/processes to analyze and correlate data)
- Able to understand customers business objectives and pain points and able to link them to improvements in Network Performance and End User Experience
- Experienced in using radio network design and optimization tools
- Proven track record of leading teams to successful project outcomes in international engagements
- Ability to communicate, articulate, present and influence the C-Level (CTO, CEO…) by knowing the impact of any action/service on their business
- Programming skills/experience in languages will be an added advantage (for example, R, Python - Pandas & NumPy, Pyspark, Hadoop, Git repository, etc…)
- Ability to travel globally for a significant part of the time (in the range of 50% to 75%)
- Ability to take broad view of the market and technology, identify disruptive trends & opportunities, bring knowledge of technology evolution, market dynamics and market changes
- Broad expertise in technology industry, technology trends and portfolio
- Senior leadership experience, previous management experience and other leadership skills will be considered as an advantage
- Experience in interacting with multidisciplinary teams within the operator, such as Development, Operations, Roll out, Business and Strategy functions
- Experience in working with different relevant groups in Ericsson or other similar companies, including Product Lines, Product Development Units, Supply, Local Customer Units, Key Account Managers, and others
- Developing Others & Knowledge Sharing
- Team player but also demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, initiative and ability to work under pressure and learn independently
- Ability to be part of a globally located organization to facilitate cross sites collaboration
- Innovation and proactive attitude
- Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery. Strong customer focus and high concern for quality is required
- Excellent communication - Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Good inter personal skills and relationship development with customer
- Market insight, up to date with new developments in related technologies and products
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary Package,
- Rich benefit package (private medical care for employee, life insurance, lunch voucher, Gym discounts, kindergarten voucher…),
- Stable employment on the basis of an employment contract,
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning opportunities and knowledgeable colleagues
- Clearly defined career paths
- Work based on developing the latest solutions in the area of mobile technology,
- Work in an international environment based on cooperation,
- Work from home, flexible working hours, laptop and mobile phone,
- Work – life balance.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || || ProdMgt
Job details: Solution Architect Job Stage 08