Do you want to build new products based on brilliant ideas? Join the Radio Access Network Incubator (RAN-I) unit! As a part of the Ericsson strategy to strengthen R&D a RAN Incubator unit is being set up. The purpose of the new unit is to strengthen and improve the R&D at Ericsson by taking new ideas and make products of them in a small-scale environment. Together with new products exploring new WoW and Tools is also part of the scope.
The organization you will become part of:
RAN Incubator unit where we make brilliant new ideas grow into products. Our organization strive to strengthen it with skilled people with various experiences. Therefore, we are searching for people who are eager to create something exciting and want to join us on our journey.
We will be responsible for providing Radio Access development on a server/cloud infrastructure as a well as driving the ONAP management and orchestration into the 5G future. You will be of the team bringing the solutions we develop from systemization to product introduction and release, taking an end-to-end product responsibility. You will be a key contributor when it comes to innovative mindset and making sure new methods and skills are tried out and developed.
What is important in this position?
The setup and responsibility of the RAN-I organization implies that the roles will be cross functional, i.e. you will not only work with systemization, implementation or verification but rather contribute within several areas depending on the needs.
We will be a small group of people that will do it all and if we don’t do it, no one else will do it for us. This means that your personal qualities are important for us and we believe that you are productive, creative and interact easily with other people. You must be comfortable to work with unspecified roles and changing requirements. In addition, you can plan and drive your own work to reach common goals together with your team.
Furthermore, you have a can-do attitude with a positive mindset and always strive to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. In short – we are looking for a good mix of creativity, speed, ingenuity of design or problem-solving ability and dutifully getting to job done!
· Solid background in computer science and telecommunication
· Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages like C/C++, Golang, Python and Java
· Skilled in software architecture and design patterns
· Experience from systemization, programming, testing and troubleshooting of large applications and systems
· Experience in Linux based development
· Fluent in English in conversation and writing
Advantage if you have experience with one or more from the following:
· Knowledge in virtualization, cloud, and container technologies, preferably with hands-on experience
· Knowledge in development of microservices
· Experience in software development of 4G/5G Layer 2 and Layer 3
· Experience in software development of management systems or automated management functions
· Knowledge of message busses (like Kafka, Nats, ZeroMQ, NanoMQ)
· Experience in open source development
· Experience from working with SW architecture, agile methods and continuous integration
Who you are:
· You are comfortable bringing clarity and focus to widely specified assignments and adapt fast to changing requirements
· You enjoy working in a team and interact well with other people in a positive and collaborative environment
· You enjoy exploring and solving technical problem using your creativity and perseverance
· You are truly passionate about creating clean code
· You enjoy learning new technologies and move between different tasks
For any questions or enquiries, please contact recruiter Sarah Lashari at email@example.com
We are reviewing applications continously.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Linköping || R&D
Req ID: 293461