Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries and society as a whole.
Manager Government & Industry Relations (m/f/d)
Req. ID: 293414
We are looking for a person who can create a favorable environment for Ericsson’s and our customers’ success through thought leadership and trusted advice to governments and industry organizations, in policies, legislation and regulations for ICT and trade.
Expectations & Tasks:
- Position Ericsson as thought leader on ICT issues and for network building with political stakeholders and organizations in Berlin and Germany
- Monitor/analyze government policies and programs that could create business opportunities for Ericsson
- Position/represent Ericsson at relevant committees and conferences
- Prepare Ericsson position papers on policy issues and develop political communications strategies
- Engaging, further building and maintaining a strong network of trusted relationships with relevant members of the public policy / governmental communities
- Provide strategic advice to Ericsson Deutschland management on business development strategy
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of direct experience in Public Affairs, either in government, parliament, agencies, corporate or association environment
- Solid network with policy makers and ICT decision makers in German parliaments and governments (federal/state)
- Profound knowledge of legislative and regulatory issues
- Ability to analyze, understand and prepare brief papers on complex policy issues quickly
- Proven ability to develop and execute on grassroots engagements
- Experience of working across cultures
Education & Qualification / Skills & Competencies:
- Master’s degree in Politics, Business, Communications, Law or related studies
- Very good oral communications and advocacy skills
- Very good communications and writing skills in German and English, analytic and presentation skills with attention to detail
- Strong program and project management skills with proven successes in building relationships with government representatives and individuals
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including excellent customer-orientation, and an ability to deal professionally with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to grasp and interpret complex information for clear and concise communication with a range of audiences
- A proven ability to balance multiple priorities while remaining organized in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility including ability and willingness to build on existing knowledge
- Self-starter with a high degree of confidence and self-motivation
- Experience with MS Office is required
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Germany (DE) || || Berlin || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 293414