Sr. Manager/Director, Customer Support
We are a unique business unit inside Ericsson. In fact, most of our projects are still in stealth mode. We incubate new unicorn ideas and leverage Ericsson’s massive global scale to launch new disruptive businesses. We’re looking for people who have grit and a start-up mindset; people who understand it takes guts, leadership and resourcefulness to deal with all the challenges of launching new disruptive products on a world-wide basis.
We are looking for a global Director of Customer Support, with strong leadership and experience scaling a fast growing technical support team while driving efficiencies and optimizations through the entire organization. The Dir of Customer Support is a critical, strategic role, responsible for the overall success of the Customer Support department including multiple product lines of hardware and software. You’ll play a pivotal leadership role in defining and maintaining the support team’s metrics and KPI’s and in leading the day-to-day operations of our global support teams. You will also partner closely with other departments to ensure our support practices are in line with our sales and delivery processes and to identify improvements in our customer support experience from an end-to-end perspective. Our customers are service providers and typically handle Level 1 Support for their subscribers; your team will be the escalation and problem resolution point beyond that. On occasion, your team will handle all levels of Support including Level 1.
You will be responsible for establishing all policies, systems and team structures necessary to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction. You have to be passionate about customer experience and customer success, and be flexible enough to thrive in B2B, B2C and B2B2C go to market models. The position reports to the VP of Customer Success.
- Define and execute an overall customer care strategy and drive the ongoing development of customer support functions for our specific product portfolio
- Build a common set of practices and principles for the support team to adhere to including processes related to ticket intake, ticket resolution, customer escalation and incident management
- Develop and execute global technical support strategy, including 24/7, through internal and external resources
- Build out a successful customer self-service program that will allow for future customer growth with minimized support resources; partner with marketing, engineering, sales and global services to ensure all aspects of the customer relationship are considered in defining the solution
- Lead initiatives to scale the Customer Support organization and operations to meet the needs of the business as we launch and scale
- Managing all product issues from Quick setup guides all the way through RMA’s
- Define KPIs to monitor success and progress of the support organization
- Develop a proactive approach to establish a best-in-class support experience to improve customer engagement and satisfaction for subscribers of telecom service providers of all sizes
- Partner with sales and services to ensure customer implementations are healthy and hand off to support is clean and well-transitioned
- Partner with product and engineering to define a scalable process for resolving product bugs and customer issues
- Explore and advise executive leadership on new technologies and/or vendors to improve productivity and customer engagement (i.e. training solutions, customer self-service, customer engagement tools, ticketing systems, etc)
- Define and continually refine the roles and responsibilities within Support and ensure communication across the organization to align on expectations of the support team
- Build a strong, collaborative and hard-working culture within the support department
- Provide regular reports on service performance and achievement;
- Review 3rd party agreements where necessary;
- Agree and drive appropriate actions to maintain or improve service levels (SLAs) in line with contractual and operational obligations
- 10+ years in senior-level roles with experience in customer support strategy and operations; telecom or ISP industry experience preferred
- Expertise with consumer products and home networking highly desired
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on and dive into the detail in order to meet revenue, quality and budgetary goals
- Strong understanding of the latest trends in customer service, metrics, and technology
- Knowledge of call center operations and best practices, but also the ability to develop a team that can resolve issues without relying on scripts
- Proven experience with developing and deploying new Customer Service Technology (Social, Live Chat, Software, etc.) to improve our customer care experience
- A solid understanding of data analytics to drive to find innovative ways to improve processes and services
- Broad technical (strategy, planning, design) expertise with ability to deep dive in specific areas: skills in networks, media, cloud, business and operational support systems (particularly billing, inventory, CRM, BI and analytical systems, tools, and processes);
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation), organizational, interpersonal and consultative skills
- Passion for the customer experience, positive outlook with a proactive mindset and an ability to drive exceptional customer satisfaction results
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || IT
Req ID: 293394