Ericsson Research develops new communication solutions and standards. The organization has responsibility to provide Ericsson with world-class system concepts, technology innovations, and methodologies. The rapidly increasing demands for mobile broadband access in combination with needs for new technology and solutions for the digitalization of industries and societies creates challenging and exciting opportunities for our organization. Building on our experience from real network operations, profound knowledge about existing standards, and forward-looking research, we invent and master advanced concepts and solutions that shape today’s and tomorrow’s mobile radio communication.
We are looking for smart, knowledgeable, and creative people to strengthen our efforts in radio network research on machine type communication relevant for 5G and beyond. The work will comprise research on concepts and solutions that can be brought to 3GPP or IEEE standardization.
We work together in tight and diverse teams to define and realize new capabilities for the mobile networks, which are used by billions of people worldwide. In our Network Architecture and Protocols Research Area we have the mission to develop and drive best-in-class procedures, protocols and architecture solutions for current and future mobile systems spanning the radio, core, and transport networks. More specifically, the section Radio Networks for Machine Type Communication (MTC) focus on research related to massive- and critical-MTC for various use cases such as industrial IoT, vehicular communication, low power IoT sensors, etc.
As a researcher at Ericsson Research you will participate in advanced research project teams developing new concepts and solutions for 5G networks and/or IEEE. You will invent new features and solutions and evaluate their performance using state-of-the-art radio network simulators and test-beds. You will be involved in research relevant to international standardization e.g., 3GPP or IEEE. You will write and publish scientific papers, write contributions to standards and protect your ideas in patents.
You, as the successful candidate for the role will:
- Contribute to standardization of wireless technology used by billions of people worldwide
- Be working in an international team of world-class researchers with different backgrounds and experiences and including some of the key authorities and thought leaders world-wide on mobile communication
- Develop and evaluate new concepts and solutions for wireless communication
- Have the opportunity to gain expertise in wireless systems making you an attractive candidate also for other parts of the company, including possibilities for an international career
- Work in a dynamic and cross-functional department where there will be opportunities for continuous learning and growth, trying out new roles and responsibilities, impacting ways of working, and much more.
Master or PhD degree in Wireless Communications, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Computer Science, or similar technical field; newly graduated or with work experience. Research experience in one or several of the following areas is a strong merit: URLLC, Industrial IoT, 3GPP RAN2, Wi-Fi MAC layer, Radio network simulation, Standardization work.
- Strong analytical skills, eagerness to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong interest in digital and wireless communications and of cellular systems design, in depth understanding is meriting
- Good programming skills and experience in running computer simulations.
- Rich in initiative, creative, and with strong personal drive and commitment.
- Excited to work in an environment where you cooperate closely in a diverse team, together striving to fulfil common targets.
- Good in communication and finding it easy to express and demonstrate your findings and knowledge to others, orally as well as in writing.
Trust – Innovation – Performance: These are the core values that define Ericsson reputation and guide us in our daily work and in the way, we do business.
Ericsson celebrates diversity and inclusion together with flexibility and international mobility.
The position is based in Kista, Stockholm, Sweden.
Please submit your application in English as soon as possible - we are working continuously with candidate selection.
For specific questions please reach out Recruiter, Suma Haregoppa Venkatagiri at email@example.com . Last day to apply is before 29th September 2019.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Job details: Researcher Job Stage 05