The Network Services team within MELA CU UK & Ireland, country Ireland currently have a vacancy for a Network Design & Optimisation Solution Architect (Senior – Job Stage 7).
Reporting to the SL Optimize RAN head you will be accountable to assure that the Network Design and Optimisation (ND&O) service solution is developed and aligned with overall customer strategy. You will play a key role for the project delivery to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. You will act as authority and interface towards internal and external organizations- our customers, sales, product , service and project organizations toward ND&O related matters.
You are expected to contribute by working in an exciting and dynamic team, providing different aspects of service delivery. Activities will include both Pre and Post Sales engagements. You will be accountable to define and deliver ND&O service solutions that add true value to our customers. This you will achieve by proactively engaging throughout the sales and project delivery business lifecycle through to final acceptance. You will have excellent customer relationship skills and ability to cultivate growth in existing and new areas via your proven and well developed consultative skillsets . Your technical abilities covering the E2E process of design, tuning and optimisation across the 5G/4G/3G/2G. In addition, you will also have well demonstrated experience in leadership and people management skills. Finally, you will have solid foundation with solid understanding of the Acceptance process – covering both technical and commercial arenas.
We are focused on high value-added services based on customer intimacy, end-2-end customer understanding and business and technology leadership.
The Solution Architect will have many responsibilities. They will be directly involved in delivering services to customers in at least one of the areas mentioned above. As a senior resource they will also lead projects, drive business opportunities, innovations, mentor and support more junior staff and participate in the running and development of the Ericsson NDO services business.
The team support Ericsson customers in range of areas including (but not limited to):
- Network Design and Dimensioning
- Network Performance Optimisation
- Implementation and trials of new Network Features and Technologies
- Drive customer ‘end-2-end’ engagements (e.g. App Experience Optimisation, VoLTE, RAN IP Security, QoS etc
- 5G NR design, troubleshooting and initial tuning
- 4G/3G/2G radio design & optimisation
- M-MiMo, Volte – design and optimisation
- Radio Feature testing and parameter evaluation
- Capacity Management including forecasting
- Mobility (active and idle) and Layer Management
- Analysis and troubleshooting of L3 either drive test or performance management tools
- Demonstrated use of EDOS (Ericsson design and Optimisation) tool suite or 3PP equivalent
- End to End knowledge of NDO Services, covering Devices, RAN, Transport and Packet Core
- Data analytics knowledge (statistical analysis, statistical tools, methods/processes to analyse data, data correlation).
- Deep technical knowledge in RAN and preferable also a good understanding of Packet Core and other domains / component (e.g. IMS) to engage successfully in E2E activities
- Hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent
- Have worked for an operator or on customer projects with a vendor / service provider for at least 7 years
- Have delivered NDO Services (e.g. optimisation) towards ‘live / commercial networks’
- Ability to communicate, articulate, present and influence the C-Level by knowing the impact of any action/service on their business.
- Able to understand customers business objectives and pain points and able to link them to improvement in Network Performance and End User Experience.
- Provide input and feedback to Product Management so they can make changes and updates to the End to End Portfolio as required.
- Business and Communication Skills
- Team Leadership and Project Delivery/Management Skills
- Cross Domain Skills
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Dublin || Consulting&SysInt
Job details: Solution Architect Job Stage 07