We are now looking for a DevOps Software Engineer that will contribute to the creation and maintenance of our solution (Device Connection Platform) in Applications landscape.
As Devops you will be involved in all phases of the software development and maintenance lifecycle; working towards properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business requirements.
- 3rd Level Support for Software components
- Development and configuration of Software components
- Deployment acceptance and execution
- Continuously drive for efficiency, improvements and automation and excellence in service delivery
- Consultancy and expertise on the solution provided to other internal groups
- Expertise on or multiple from:
- Web Servers, Application Servers and Middleware applications such as: Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Switchard, Oracle WEB Logic, JSon, Rest, Web Services, Soap, LDAP
- Hand zone in Deployment execution using container platform (eg: Openshift, Ansible, Docker)
- Billing Products (Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Product is a plus) or Mediation Zone
- Oracle/SQL/Database programming
- Work experience gained in companies and projects in IT, telecommunications, industrial, etc. with an autonomous organization of IT operations
- Experience designing and / or testing of software applications
- Programming Experience with one or multiple of
- Databases Procedural Language: Oracle – PL/SQL
- Java programming language
- Knowledge of English spoken and written at a level sufficient to maintain relationships with colleagues and corporate organizations with which it is connected
- Pro-active person, with the necessary drive to create and maintain the Applications capability.
- Relevant degree or above in telecom, IT or electronic engineering.
- Flexible in changing work patterns and demands.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within a global, remote workforce.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Academic degree, minimum on Bachelor level, combined with minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in IT or Telecom.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 292948