Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities enable you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
The complexity of emerging 5G networks makes manual management and operations of these networks impossible. AI technologies, including Machine Learning, are increasingly being used to drive intelligent automation and autonomous operation of 5G networks that will drive economic and social transformation. Towards this, we have setup a Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution.
We use a combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations, including new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we not only drive AI based product innovation, but also push the AI technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data driven insights.
The field of software engineering is one where AI can have a truly transformative effect. Traditional paradigms are being relooked at and new technologies are being sought to drive innovations in software development – at the core of this is the application of AI technologies spanning every step of software/product development life cycle. Such a transformation is already underway at Ericsson and we are looking for Principal Data Scientists with a track record of applying AI in Software Engineering for our GAIA team in Bangalore.
As a Principal Data Scientist - AI for SW Engineering, you will develop and deploy AI models/systems that will transform how software/products are engineered – this includes the full development cycle spanning requirements gathering, design, development, testing and deployment.
Your knowledge and experience in Data Science methodologies will be applied to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You will work in a highly collaborative environment where you communicate and plan tasks and ideas. You will be working on high impact initiatives with other data scientists to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings. Your contribution will also help to create new offerings in the areas of AI AI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
- Lead multiple projects with a focus on AI for Software Engineering
- Transform end to end SW Engineering practices using AI: Requirements gathering/traceability, software development, testing & deployment
- Manage communication, planning, collaboration with business stakeholders.
- Develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for AI needs
- Present and be prominent in AI related forums and conferences, e.g., publishing patents, presenting papers, organizing sessions etc.
- Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines from any of the reputed institutes.
- Applied experience: 8+ years of ML and/or AI production level experience; and an overall industry experience of about 15+ years.
- Experience applying AI in software engineering to improve efficiency in:
- requirements analysis – identify conflicts, missing/incomplete requirements, duplicate requirements, ambiguities, etc., to improve review efficiency
- software validation/verification – automatically detect bugs & security vulnerabilities & suggest alternate code fragments
- deployment – identify conflicting, inappropriate entries in configs, environment settings
- Experience applying AI in assessment of complex dynamical systems – critical path, narrow down & prioritize a minimal set of test cases to be exercised based on code changes
- Experience in mining code repositories – identifying key patterns
- Experience or strong knowledge in code analysis tools, compiler design, etc.
- Experience in Open source management solutions like Black Duck
- Proven skills of implementing a variety of Machine Learning techniques
- Experience in natural language processing applied to large scale projects
- Strong Programming skills (R/Python) with proficiency in at least one
- Strong grounding in mathematics, probability, statistics needed for data analysis and experiments
- Proven ability of leading AI/ML projects end-to-end with complete ownership
- Experience in implementing new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives and research papers
- Extensive experience in model development and life-cycle-management in one or more industry/application domain
- Experience in building models using semi-structured and unstructured data
- Hands-on experience in designing and building AI models using Deep Neural Networks for applicable scenarios
- Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs on the results
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Great Team worker and collaborator
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Self-driven and ability to work through abstraction
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation is a plus
- Knowledge of Cognitive models is a plus
- Ability to work independently with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence
- Experience in partnering and collaborative co-creation, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.