Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks, i.e., 5G network with distributed edge compute, that will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity. We are setting up a Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution.
Machine Intelligence, the combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies is what Ericsson uses to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations. MI is also a key competence for to enable new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data insights.
Ericsson is now looking for Distinguished Data Scientists to significantly expand its global team for AI acceleration for our group in Bangalore and Chennai.
Do you have in depth understanding of Machine Learning and AI technologies?
Do you want to apply and extend those skills to solve real complex problems with high societal impact; going beyond ML/AI for consumption and advertising?
Then, you do want to join Ericsson’s global team of Engineers/Scientists pushing the technology frontiers to automate, simplify and add new value through large and complex data.
As a Distinguished Data Scientist, you shall develop AI/ML pipelines and build performance and accuracy/drift monitoring and retaining strategies. You shall work with business stakeholders to define and formulate the right business problem; and address platform considerations including portability, Cloud Native readiness, latency, etc.
Your knowledge and experience in Data Science methodologies will be applied to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You will work in a highly collaborative environment where you communicate and plan tasks and ideas. You will be working on high impact initiatives with other DS in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings. Your contribution will also help to create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
- Lead multiple projects from one business/functional area.
- Review business problems and their fitment into AI/ML formulation
- Identify/Review data sourcing plan and compliance with privacy norms
- Review cost impact of the DS model building vis-à-vis benefit realized
- Cost benefit analysis of the AI/ML opportunities and help prioritize them
- Evangelize AI/ML across the org working with stakeholders and solicit business ideas
- Drive IP creation through paper publication and patent filing
- Design AI/ML model engineering and deployment topology
- Design monitoring and alerting systems for ML models
- Connect the business needs to AI/ML engineering requirements for production at scale
- Work with huge datasets including petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data
- Define data sourcing, access and pipeline design. Identify and plan for sourcing external data.
- Define/Design data storage and retrieval strategies from various kind of data sources such as NOSQL Databases. Design data pipelines and flow strategies.
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solutions addressing these needs. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical models, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Lead studies and creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Work with new technologies and be the ambassador for them in MI Communities within Ericsson, nurturing the communities and mentoring junior data scientists.
- Provide MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI’s needs
- Present and be prominent in MI related forums and conferences, e.g., publishing patents, presenting papers, organizing sessions etc.
- Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines from any of the reputed institutes. First Class, preferably with Distinction.
- Applied experience: 8+ years of ML and/or AI production level experience, 3+ years strategic level experience; and an overall industry experience of about 18+ years.
- Proven skills of implementing a variety of Machine Learning techniques
- Strong Programming skills (R/Python) with proficiency in at least one
- Strong grounding in mathematics, probability, statistics needed for data analysis and experiments
- Proven ability of leading AI/ML projects end-to-end with complete ownership
- Proven skills in building AI/ML based solutions using a variety of frameworks such as Python, R, H2O, Keras, TensorFlow, Spark ML etc.
- Experience in implementing new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives and research papers
- Extensive experience in model development and life-cycle-management in one or more industry/application domain
- Experience in building models using semi-structured and unstructured data
- Hands-on experience in designing and building AI models using Deep Neural Networks for applicable scenarios
- Experience in using ensembles and stacking techniques to solve complex ML problems
- Able to build and deploy AI models into production with focus on scaling, monitoring and performance
- Knowledge of building explainable models (XAI) and prescriptive analytics
- Experience with working in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc.
- Able to Define/Design data storage and retrieval strategies from various kind of data sources such as NOSQL DBs
- Knowledge of designing data pipelines and flow strategies
- Familiarity with data pipelining frameworks such as Air Flow, AWS Sagemaker, etc. would be a plus
- Able to design APIs for AI/ML models with focus on business, modularity and versioning
- Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs on the results
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Great Team worker and collaborator
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Self-driven and ability to work through abstraction
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Certifying MI MOOCS, a plus
- Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT, a plus.
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation is a plus
- Knowledge of Cognitive models is a plus
- Ability to work independently with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence
- Experience in partnering and collaborative co-creation, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || R&D