Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Job Description –Assistant Engineer- MPBN
Function: 2nd Level Operations – MPBN
Position: Assistant Engineer
Location: [Noida (Uttar Pradesh), India]
Working Hours: 24X7 (Primarily Night Shifts )
Qualifications: [Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering]
Total Experience: 1-3 years in Telecom Industry
Relevant Experience: 1-3 yrs (relevant to IP network)
Technical and/or functional skills: [ IP Network Nodes / IP Routing Protocols]
The primary purpose is to take full responsibility of Configuration/ Technical Discussions / Self Initiator to Mentor peers for Competence Development / Process understanding and awareness / Audits awareness and follow ups / handling emergencies activities related to MPBN Network.
The position responsible will be required:
- To ensure configuration/ upgrades / updates handling on various MPBN nodes.
- SDN and Python scripting knowledge.
3. To participate in internal technical discussions in view to improve overall network performance and make recommendations wherever possible.
4. Execute system configuration related changes as per given access rights.
5. To ensure MSTOP Processes are followed in the Workplace.
B.E / B.Tech. in Electronics & Communications with at least 1-3 years of experience in IP networking.
Technical and/or functional skills: [Cisco/Juniper/Ericsson Certification]
The 2nd LA Assistant Engineer reports to CA Manager.
The 2nd LA Assistant Engineer is responsible for specific systems by performing the following activities:
- Configuration Change Planning: effectively plan to implement all Configuration activities related to routers (Cisco, Juniper, Ericsson, Huawei, Alcatel-lucent) & Extreme switches as per the network requirements.
- Integrating new node, reconfiguration of existing nodes, shifting of traffic etc.
- Upgrades & updates (router/switch/firewall)
- Defining firewall policies, opening port & configuring routing.
- Pre/Post change checks: to ensure that the configuration activity has been carried out properly without any impact on services, Pre/post activity checks and testing have to be done.
The following work position / area/ specific functional skills are typically applicable to the Assistant Engineer functional role.
Good Technical Knowledge of the specific MPBN nodes i.e. Router/Switch/Firewall for Mobile Communication
Understanding of all Processes, routines activities and stakeholder management.
- Good Expertise on IP Protocols (i.e. OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, BFD, VRRP) and new Technology like SDN and NFV.
- Clear & detailed understanding of GSM/GPRS/WCDMA/LTE/IN Call flows
- Good exposure to Router/Switch/Firewall of MPBN nodes of Cisco / Juniper / Ericsson / Huawei / Alcatel-lucent.
- Understanding and awareness of switching.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.