Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for a Second Level Operations Specialist that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
- To work within well-defined system support guidelines.
- To priorities faults to meet SLA/WLA.
- To ensure correct working methodology.
- To handle emergencies and if required coordinate with Emergency support.
- To investigate faults/cause related to system/network problems.
- Execute system configuration changes as per given access rights.
- Analyses the solution from an end 2 end perspective Provide extensive support for HLD and LLD.
- Support Solution build over Openstack.
- Support of Openstack solutions with multiple vendors and solutions like storage (SAN, NAS) and networking (SDN controller).
- Acceptance testing including End to End Solution testing.
- Execute test & acceptance.
- Prepare Method of Procedure for configuration.
- Perform Fault and performance management for Openstack components.
- Perform debugging and troubleshooting of Openstack services to meet end results. Prepare scripts for data collection, health check and monitoring.
- Perform database management (relational and NoSQL) for application and Openstack service configurations.
- Second level escalation resolutions.
- Handle and analyze trouble tickets, recommend timely actions and solutions with guidance or supervision, when necessary.
- To handle and execute the Change Request in stipulated time frame.
- To execute WO received for any third party node in stipulated timeframe
- Perform second level Preventive Maintenance of nodes.
- Close co-ordination with third party vendors
- Involved in upgrade/updates of live nodes.
- Rollout of New Feature as per MOP
- Bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom) or
- 5-8 years’ experience in support or Integration Projects out of which 3 years hands on cloud solution support/design/deployment/integration. .
- Openstack, experience with diverse hardware platforms (Huawei, HP, Cisco, Dell, etc.). Specially Blade systems.
- Hands-on experience on Openstack Cloud infrastructure management.
- Understanding of cloud automation technologies.
- Strong knowledge of advance Linux (namespaces, NUMA, networking, Virtualization, KVM, libvirt)
- Good understating of Networking (IPv4, IPv6, Neutron, VxLAN, VLAN, Flat Network, GRE, IP Subnet , Switching L2, Routing L3, VPN, SRIOV, DPDK, OVS)
- Experience in Storage management (Ceph, OSD concept, Scale-IO, Hardware Raids/Storage, Raid Concepts, Volume management, SAN, iSCSI)
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours.We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.