Location: Ottawa ON
We are now looking for a Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing design optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements. The position is applicable for design & optimization of 5G, NFV, SDN, ODL, Openstack, RAN, BBA, Transmission, Core, OM and Services Networks. You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
In this role you will:
- Work with customer environments and networks to integrate their requirements with our network orchestration software. These can include NFV, SDN, ODL, Openstack, RAN, BBA, Transmission, Core, Mobile Backhaul, etc.
- Support a leading customer in defining, implementing and executing critical processes to onboard and manage Virtual Network Elements with the core solution
- Work closely with the development, integration teams, and customer teams to successfully implement the solution
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities
- You will collect and document customer requirements
- Create and maintaining a solution overview document
- Provide key requirements inputs into the development organization around NFV solution development
- An academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- 3-5 years’ experience of deploy system test and lead testing team.
- Advanced technical knowledge in the network area of working (Radio, Transport, Core, Wireline, NFV, 5G, SDN, ODL)
- Knowledge of KPIs and understanding of data analytics to scale in or out VNF in open loop or closed loop service assurance
- If you have ISEB/ISTQB software testing qualifications that would be an advantage
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging everyday. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ServEng
Req ID: 292168