Reporting to the Head of Benefits No. America and supporting approximately 6,000+ employees and retirees in the US, we are looking for a Benefits Manager to lead and manage the health and welfare administration and communications for Ericsson US. This position will provide general health and welfare related US support and will be responsible for the development, deployment, administration and communication of health and welfare programs to support the attraction and retention of talent while supporting the business units. The role is based in Plano, Texas.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Manage Health and Welfare Plans (60%)
- Responsible for leading the Health and Welfare team to successfully manage and administer the company’s health and welfare plans for approximately 6,000+ employees and retirees for US.
- Work closely with broker consultants in annual renewal processes evaluating and analyzing the renewal.
- Manage annual health & welfare open enrollment, various phases of program implementations and integration of benefit tools.
- Manage vendor and broker relationships, negotiating services and managing costs.
- Work closely with brokers and outside counsel in the U.S. to ensure plans remain in compliance, including annual 5500 filings, audits, communications, amendments, and plan documents.
- Develop strong relationships with internal clients and external vendors to create greater efficiency, improve the delivery of services and reduce costs.
- Support the U. S. Plan Administrative Committee (PAC) as required, providing information on health and welfare benefits plans, helping to coordinate resolution of appeals.
- Oversee U.S. COBRA administration and ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Provide support and participate in any Merger/Acquisition/Divestiture activities as needed, participating in project teams developing new contracts with vendors as required.
- Close collaboration with Sourcing, Legal, IT and Risk Management to ensure consistent management of all proposals and contracts. This generally includes development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management.
- Manage a staff of three, ranging from senior and junior analysts.
Serve as Benefit SME for the delivery of Benefits communications (40%):
- Responsible for ensuring effective development and delivery of communications related to Ericsson’s benefits for U.S.
- Support overall Benefit communication strategy for U.S. Collaborate with third party communications vendor in the preparation of Employee Benefits communication, messaging, and content which includes, development of open enrollment communications, intranet and Benefits portal content and support overall Benefit communication content strategy.
- In collaboration with the Market North America Internal Communications team, Benefits team and third party communications vendor, gathers requirements and draft/edit/proofread content — often on tight deadlines — for multiple audiences and mediums, including but not limited to: intranet, benefit guides, email correspondence, announcements, presentations, brochures, tip sheets/FAQs, event invitations, video scripts, banner ads, and other collateral material.
- Works with subject matter experts and communications vendor to draft/edit/transform complex benefits language into content that is easy to read, easy to understand across varied cultures, and easy to follow; combines seemingly disparate elements into cohesive, engaging themes and written copy / multimedia communications for multiple audiences.
- Provide guidance in reviewing, editing, and execution support on various initiatives
- Support employer brand efforts to help create, execute, and measure an effective communications strategy
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- 7+ years’ experience in employee benefits with proven experience managing benefit programs for a large employer
- HR/Benefit/CEBS certifications preferred but not required
- Knowledge on Canadian Benefits Administration preferred but not required
- Proven experience identifying opportunities and driving enhancements to programs and offerings
- Demonstrated success in the design and implementation of successful benefits and well-being strategies
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups) required
- Ability to work collaboratively across cultures and organizations; strategically focused on continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent communication/people skills; ability to confidently interact with all levels of employees including senior management
- Good time management skills, proactive and service-oriented mind-set
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SharedServ
Req ID: 292166