Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive activities which require a higher level of support than those offered by the 1st/2nd Level Broadcast Engineering and IT Support. This shall ensure the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- 4-8 years of experience required
- The candidate should have knowledge of ITIL or other industry practices related to Service Management.
- The candidate should have knowledge of the SLA (Service Level Agreement) and OLA (Operational Level Agreement).
- The candidate should show strong sense of urgency, take responsibility and be able to work under pressure.
- The candidate should have strong skills in leadership and communication
- The candidate should have knowledge of ITIL based service management tools.
- The candidate should have a general aptitude for technical systems, (Application/Telecoms or Networking).
- Manage, drive and control all Critical & Major Ericsson IT Incidents (24x7) and ensure minimal disruption to the service and fast service restoration
- Act as a central focal point for all departments during incidents and coordinate between them to ensure resolution of incident asap.
- Ensure an Action plan / Back Up Plan is created and focused on the restoration within SLA
- Manage Incident progress and resolution communication throughout lifecycle of Incident to all internal and external stakeholders
- Chair Technical & Management Bridges to drive all diagnostic and resolution activities
- Manage and coordinate the escalated requests from Operations and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all ongoing activities are published in a handover tool or any other dedicated tools that have this functionality. Provide accurate input for any shift reports.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.