Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
2nd Line Engineers provide system support and maintenance for all of Ericsson’s business areas, including Media Distribution Services, Access & Editorial Services and Creative. 2nd Line Engineers are responsible for liaising directly with the customer, assuming ownership of issues through to resolution, carrying out the diagnosis and solving of all technical issues, and escalating to and liaising with 2nd Line Team Leaders, Principal Engineers or other senior members of the team where necessary.
2nd Line Engineers are required to
- In conjunction with 2nd line Team Leader/Technical Coordinator, prioritise workload according to operational criticality, and ensure a professional approach is presented at all times, especially when under operational pressure.
- Establish themselves as a point of reference on assigned systems over a reasonable time.
- Communicate and problem solve effectively, working to agreed Service Levels (SLAs) and consistently deliver a professional service.
- Work within Service Management based processes, continually striving to improve their performance and the team’s.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
2nd Line Engineers report to the 2nd Line Team Leader and are line managed by the SSA Technical Manager. They will be expected to form good relationships with cross platform support staff and operational staff as it will frequently be necessary to liaise with them in relation to ongoing incidents and problems. They should provide coaching to newer and less experienced staff.
• Ensure performance specifications are met and maintain the technical standards and parameters of the equipment and systems within their care. This will include ensuring that approved change controlled modifications are carried out as required.
• Prioritize work taking into account service level agreements with stakeholders/customers and transmission requirements, seeking guidance from 2nd Line Team Leaders and Principal Engineers during demanding times.
• Maintain comprehensive records and logs of work done using Symbox, on the installation, modification and repair of systems, following appropriate change control for all non-break/fix planned work.
• Carry out routine maintenance work as defined and agreed with the Team Leader or Principal Engineers.
• Critically assess technical quality and performance, extracting and analyzing system logs where available and escalating to Team Leaders or Principal Engineers to progress where necessary.
• Identify trends and escalate to Principal Engineers for root cause analysis and resolution.
• Identify potential system failures and weaknesses and proactively advise management, giving recommendation for course of action.
• Devise ways of achieving the needs of the operation by means of technical innovation and development.
• Create and update Incident and Problem records in the Service Management tool (Symbox) ensuring accuracy and data quality at all times.
• Respond to customer incidents and alerts generated by monitoring systems. Proactively diagnose and resolve issues with the supported systems within agreed SLAs.
• Work closely with operational and business staff and other departments to ensure that service delivery needs are effectively and efficiently met.
• An understanding of Platform related 3rd party supplier Service Level Agreements, ensuring they are escalated to when needed.
• Focus on delivering excellent customer service and customer quality.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
Knowledge / awareness of the following (not all of them are mandatory):
· Audio / video equipment, editing and production systems
· Experience of a large, structured, broadcast environment
Experience and Knowledge:
· UNIX / Linux Operating Systems operation and administration
· Oracle PL/SQL fundamentals, DB administration
· Good understanding of networking technologies
· Good scripting knowledge (Bash, Perl)
· Knowledge of SAN technologies
· Experience with Nagios or similar SNMP based monitoring tools
· Experience with Ticketing Tools
· Microsoft AD basic administration
· IP/RTP, video encoding, video file transfer
· Good understanding of streaming media, encoding, live broadcasts
· ITIL Foundations
· Knowledge of Symbox ticketing tool
· Knowledge of Confluence
- Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, telecom) OR 1-2 years academic studies combined with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Team player and willing to share knowledge
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Structured and organized way of working
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proven knowledge of analytical troubleshooting
- Flexible attitude
Ericsson Telecommunications, GSC Bucharest
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng
Req ID: 291664