Red Bee Media Overview
Wow. And Next.
Audiences thrive on awe-inspiring content. They can’t wait for what’s next. To keep them wowed, you need content that excites and engages. At epic volume, astonishing speeds and always in amazing quality. That’s why Red Bee looks beyond the here and now. Helping you exceed audience expectations and giving you more scale, scope and reach. Our end-to-end managed services harness the best in applied expertise and innovative technology. Delivering fast and smart solutions that can transform your content delivery and operational efficiency. We empower the world’s strongest brands and content owners to instantly connect with people anyhow, anywhere, anytime. Spanning cultures, continents and languages to engage and grow your audiences today and tomorrow.
We manage all the complexity, so you can focus on what you do best.
Wowing audiences. By creating what’s next.
Red Bee Media is a global media and broadcast organization which has more than 2000 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere, through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
Our teams are working on the latest video over IP technologies working towards 100% software defined, all IP, hybrid cloud to deliver the next generation of mission critical live services to our clients all over the world. Our teams work as part of a global team to find solutions to the most complex of challenges, selecting and integrating bleeding edge technology to deliver rich consumer experiences. Come and join a team that will make our customers think WOW.
See our latest video here: https://redbee.enigmatv.io/play/c679d262-985b-484e-9473-eee59220c0a5_99AEBB
The Distribution Engineer is a key role within the Distribution platform solution and delivery team working on high level and low-level designs, implementation, configuration and application management.
Responsibilities may change as the business requires, however at present key responsibilities include but limited to:
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Architect for strategic, resuable where possible, and supportable solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Lead deployment of the solution
- Liaise with external and internal system integrators, all vendors involved in project, internal project resources, subject matter experts and all stakeholders
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology / technical areas and share information about solution to enable competence build
- Provide subject matter expertise on MCR, Coding & Multiplex, Streaming, Origin, DRM, CDN and connectivity technologies, design, implementation and configuration.
- Work with distribution product portfolio to deliver services in line with strategy.
- Make decisions over the direction of R&D and help shape the roadmap, with outputs including internal and client demo’s and tech blogs
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers
- Represent RBM at industry events and forums
- Support pre-sales activities, create high-level and detailed technical designs
- Assess current distribution services and plan the implementation of platform configuration / integration work
- You will work to identify and drive improvements
- Develop a deep e2e technical understanding of our platforms
- Share knowledge and collaborate with colleagues across the business
The ideal candidate should be an experienced Media Architect with the following areas of expertise:
- A positive, constructive agile approach with an emphasis on collaboration and flexibility
- At least 5 years proven experience in digital video and encoding technologies including strong competence in encoding algorithms, stat MUX’ing, JIT Packaging, Origin / Caching Technologies, DRM and CDN distribution
- Proven experience in compression technologies MPEG 2, H.264, H.265, HEVC, RTMP, HLS, Smooth
- Proven experience in origin architecture, JIT, JITE and DRM
- An expert in unicast, multicast and broadcast IP processes
- Proven experience in video test and measurement
- A good understanding of Networking Concepts
- A good understanding of Ethernet, IP protocol, IP routing, TCP and UDP,
- A good understanding of Domain Name Systems (DNS)
- A good understanding of FTP, TFTP, and SMNP
- A good understanding of public and private cloud architectures
- A good understanding of Docker and Kubernates for IP video environments
- Sufficient colour vision and hearing
- Excellent IT skills
- The ability to work well in teams
- Fault-finding skills and the capacity to solve technical problems in a creative way
- Strong communication and people skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time management skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- A proactive and results-focused approach to work
- Experience of working with following vendors would be advantageous:
- Cisco IPFM,
- Grass Valley
- Skyline Dataminer
- AWS Elemental
- Unified Streaming
- Appear TV
- Harmonic VOS
- Rhode & Swartz
- Knowledge of streaming analytics platforms
- Lean software development
- Experience of automation for QA and DevOps
- Experience influencing product roadmaps System Knowledge
- Advantageous if you have experience in AWS design/development/deployment, including in particular:
- API Gateway
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers.
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset.
- The tenacity to keep going when things get difficult, an optimistic and upbeat personal manner.
- The interpersonal skills required to build credible, long term relationships with clients, colleagues and partners.
- The ability to provide solutions and guidelines that are strategic but also relevant, cost-effective and deliverable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken. The ability to vocalise the issues and initiatives of the day in a positive manner.
- A suitably analytical approach, the ability to critically evaluate ideas and information, select relevant data, and identify key trends, issues, problems and solutions.
- An ability to deliver on time and on budget
- A demonstrable concern for results and achieving goals, with high standards of performance and a desire to improve on previous performance levels
- Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
- High quality communication skills across all media and across a range of situations.
- Highly resilient, flexible and accommodating under pressure.
What we offer:
- International organization powered by technology and customer interaction
- Industry related training
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Exposed to the most recent trends of global technology such as IoT, 4G & 5G.
- Laptop and mobile
- Technical degree or equivalent experience required
- Computer Science, Broadcast Media or Maths background highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
After applying you will be directed to the jobs.ericsson.com webpage.