Role: Listing Writer (Dutch)
Company: Red Bee Media
Location: Ealing, London
Contract Type: 12 months FTC
Posting Date: 03/10/2019
Red Bee Media is one of the world’s leading media services companies. Working with broadcasters, content owners, platform operators and brands, the company blends technology and creative expertise to provide a range of services; from playout, multi-platform media management and distribution through to access services, metadata, content discovery, companion applications and brand consultancy.
Entering programme schedules, synopses and rich metadata on to a database that serves electronic media including, for catch-up and video-on-demand technologies, and for websites, the press and TV.
Maintaining accurate channel schedules, writing appropriate synopses, creating series links between episodes and handling late changes quickly and accurately. Fostering excellent relationships with broadcasters and clients. Periodic involvement in user-testing developments on the database.
- Overall responsibility for channels assigned to you.
- Sourcing channel and programme information from broadcasters, agencies or websites for channels assigned to you, which may vary over time.
- Evaluating channel and programme information and checking relevant details with the supplier or authoritative alternative sources.
- Entering channel schedules and programme information on to a database in accordance with house style and client-specific requirements.
- Writing programme listings that are publishable, authoritative and effective for a wide and discriminating readership, including broadcasters and programme makers as well as viewers.
- Creating series links between related programmes to trigger personal video recorders to record forthcoming episodes in the same series.
- Ensuring that all late changes are promptly reflected in the database.
- Issuing amendments by email if required by broadcasters.
- Assuming responsibility for channels during the absence of colleagues.
- Liaising effectively with broadcasters and handling client enquiries politely and efficiently.
- Suitably skilled post holders may additionally be assigned to writing features based on DVDs, tapes and print material.
- Weekend and out-of-hours work may be required to meet some deadlines, especially during the two months prior to Christmas.
- The post holder will report to a team leader in the UK Editorial department and may be assigned to various editorial teams with differing channel responsibilities.
- Managing channel assignments.
- Writing pertinent, readable synopses based on programme billings, press information and other appropriate sources.
- Planning workloads to accommodate multiple rolling deadlines.
- Working ahead of deadline whenever possible for maximum flexibility.
- Paying due attention to detail and accuracy, for example in reading through completed channels.
- Liaising regularly with other team members to ensure all work is covered.
You must be fluent in Dutch for both spoken and written. You will be tested on this during the application process. You must be a strong team player with the willingness to muck in and support your colleagues and the business when needed. You will have first-class subbing skills, including the ability to paraphrase programme information effectively.
You will be IT literate, ideally having the ability to master the TeleView database. It would be an advantage if you have a good knowledge of TV and radio along with any relevant specialist knowledge, e.g. second languages, sport, classical music.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Ealing || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Listings and Picture Editor Job Stage 02