Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
We are now looking for Big Data Platform Software Developer for Expert Analytics.
Ericsson Expert Analytics (EEA) is a cutting-edge solution that combines big data technologies with unique event processing methodologies to supply insights into customer experience and behavior that can drive decisions (and automate actions) across marketing, customer care, operations and planning. EEA lets operators capture not just data, but real consumer insights to help deliver the services that drive growth.
Working in an agile team as a Data Platform Software Developer you will analyze, break down and implement technical requirements in the big data platform domain of the EEA product and you will maintain the product’s quality, as well.
What you will do
- Design and drive the implementation of data platform functional and non-functional requirements working in an agile team.
- Integrate, package, uplift and maintain different platform components including 3PPs related to Hadoop stack and databases.
- Address complex technical challenges that warrant innovative and creative solutions.
- Be an owner of the implemented functionality: from design and implementation to production troubleshooting with high quality.
- Work closely together with the design team members and other teams in the organization (e.g., release verification team, product documentation).
- Mentor/coach junior design team members during day to day work.
- Be responsible for the quality of the technical solution.
- Drive innovation by coming up with new ideas related to our product/our processes.
Our Team's Impact
- Design and create Ericsson’s big data platform enabling deep insights from various data sources.
- Work with latest open source technologies.
- Simplify test and development through intuitive APIs and robust implementation for internal and external customers.
Apply if you have
- Flexibility to perform both Integration and Verification tasks.
- Free thinking, influential individual who is energized working on a high-powered team.
- Quality and excellence are the first words from your mouth in any conversation.
- Roadblocks are fun problems to solve rather than impediments to your success.
- Seeker of knowledge from all walks of life who loves to find applicability of different paradigms to new domains.
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with people both close and from afar.
- Python, bash and Java
- Integration of open source software
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Apache Hadoop, MapR Distribution, Cloudera Distribution)
- Data and stream processing competence (Impala, Kafka)
- Knowledge of 3PPs used in the Hadoop ecosystem (HBASE, HDFS, Spark, Zabbix, Redis, Phoenix)
- Familiar with build environment (Groovy, Jenkins) and deployment tools (Ansible)
- Some experience with different virtualization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure)
- Creating robust and highly scalable product
- Continuous test automation
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
For us at Ericsson it is important that we can bring the networked society to everyone, from metropolitans like New York to the country sides of India. For us, it is important to create possibilities for school children in isolated areas of Bhutan to use remote learning and to be able to enable remote health care for patients in rural Africa. Moving into 5G, we take connectivity, communication and the networked society to the next level. We feel a pride in making the world a better place, simplifying and enhancing the lives for billions.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 291423