Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open-up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks, i.e., 5G network with distributed edge compute, that will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity.
Ericsson Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) is a unit that has been set up to accelerate our AI and Machine Learning offerings. This central unit is chartered with the responsibility of building a high-end competence center that brings together a team of high-end Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Engineers and Machine Learning Architects towards the goal of enhancing Ericsson’s products and services portfolio with AI capabilities. The Functional Area AI Inspired Maximization (FA AIM) will focus on development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers to maximize our current products and offerings. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data insights.
Ericsson’s Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) is a global team of talented data scientists, data engineers and business translators, chartered to accelerate the transformational journey for our customers and their customers. GAIA is established in the US, Sweden and India, with around 300 experts to fast-track our strategy execution. The team in GAIA Sweden, located Kista, work with technologists, engineers and operators around the world to build revolutionary solutions and models that drive economic growth in the real world.
We are now looking for 1st Line Managers to lead one of our teams in the Functional Area of AI-inspired Maximisation. This position is located in Kista, Stockholm Sweden.
1st Line Manager – R&D for GAIA Sweden shall manage teams that will be working on high impact initiatives with other specialists in Artificial Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings as well create new offerings in the areas of AI driven 4G and 5G networks, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
Line Managers act per the Ericsson Leadership Framework and promote the corporate values, ethics and culture of the organization to ensure excellent performance.
Reports to the Head of GAIA Sweden, that is a part of Ericsson R&D; and interfaces with GAIA R&D teams in other locations such as North America and India; and with key stakeholders from Business and Market Areas.
- Responsible for overseeing the development, support, maintenance and implementation of projects handled by GAIA Sweden team(s).
- Responsible for overall success of the GAIA Sweden unit, comprising of multiple technology/product teams through strategic planning and alignment of units with broader organizational business strategy.
Manage Team(s) that:
- Lead functional and technical analysis within Ericsson organization and strategic customers to understand AI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of high-quality ML/AI applications. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Lead studies and find creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Work with new technologies and champion them in AI Communities within Ericsson.
- Provide AI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Unit
- Develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Responsible for developing appropriate processes and road map for the team(s) including hiring plans, training requirements, staffing etc. Requires extensive knowledge of major segments in the organization, knowledge of several disciplines and ability to integrate critical information from many diverse areas.
- Course of actions are guided by corporate goals and strategy only.
- Resolves critical issues impacting overall organization direction and results.
- To collect and get access to the information that is necessary to perform the tasks assigned.
- To make decisions for effectively carrying out the above-mentioned responsibilities, seeking the approval of the Leadership Team or Stakeholders from Business/Market Areas as may be required.
- Organizes organization wide and cross business unit programs.
- Decisions that are strategic and impact overall organization results and direction.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
- Overall industry experience of around 10 years.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a manager, preferably in design or systems management.
- Strong understanding of Ericsson products and product development process.
- Experience in managing teams working on AI, ML, Big Data and Analytics would be an added advantage.
- Sound technical knowledge across areas and excellent understanding of business issues. Ability to create plans to align technical issues with business strategy.
- Strong ability to see the whole picture and to focus on the important details in a pragmatic and result oriented way with ability to challenge when needed.
- Proven ability to act at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Strong partnering skills, with the ability to work across all levels of the organization and across multiple countries, effectively collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent people management skills to attract motivate and retain talent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Independent self-motivated and well organized with analytical mind.
- Demonstrably trustworthy (thru reference checks)
- Strong sense of duty and initiative
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Hema Powar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Req ID: 291347