Our Exciting Opportunity:
This role may be located in any Country Ericsson has a presence.
We are looking for a highly experienced consultant to lead the Cloud Transformation Consulting practice within the Global Consulting organization of Ericsson. A highly-regarded professional with strong and comprehensive expertise in Telco Cloud from technology, operational and transformational perspectives. A team leader and a business leader with strong impact on customers.
In this role, you will be part and lead a team to develop innovative consulting value propositions to customers, develop consulting business opportunities, craft solutions for customers and lead delivery of consulting workstreams. This means that you will drive or participate in customer engagements from lead generation to project delivery, while leading an experienced team of global consultants in the Cloud Transformation domain. As head of this practice in the Global Consulting organization, you will lead the development of this consulting practice globally, from both business and capability perspectives, including the development of offerings in the domain, the alignment and mobilization of related consulting teams across consulting organization in Market Areas, and the coordination of relationship with related Solution Areas and Business Areas.
You will be working with Ericsson colleagues from different business functions and with clients all over the world. These engagements will require you to be perceived by clients and colleagues as highly dependable and domain credible. Your role will be global, and you will travel internationally and extensively.
In this role you will:
- Manage the global P&L of the consulting business in the domain and meet both top-line and bottom-line targets for the domain.
- Lead and develop the global team allocated to the practice.
- Develop consulting business opportunities around the globe.
- Provide sales support, define consulting approaches and solutions according to customer needs and develop consulting proposals.
- Engage at CxO level and provide end-to-end leadership and guidance to consulting engagements.
- Lead delivery of consulting projects across the globe.
- Articulate the end to end Ericsson story and lead development of the consulting value proposition to the customer.
- Develop innovative consulting value propositions and offerings, manage global portfolio of offerings and develop supporting materials (PoVs, commercial presentations).
- Develop global consulting assets by harvesting project experience.
- Develop thought leadership.
- Develop and manage global knowledge in the domain, create awareness on new value propositions and spread knowledge across Ericsson consulting community and sales force.
- Develop and manage the Ericsson consulting community in the domain.
- Drive global go-to-market of consulting value propositions including development of marketing campaigns and mobilization of sales force in coordination with global and local teams.
- Coordinate and lead consulting teams in Market Areas related to the domain.
- Coordinate relationship with related Solution Areas and Market Areas.
- Telco Cloud transformation
- Good knowledge of the cloud transformation approaches taken by the industry leaders and global early adopters, in particular from technology and deployment perspectives.
- Thorough appreciation of the challenges and impacts of cloud transformation, as well as practical experience of transformation delivery programs including architectures, systems integration and operational transformation.
- Cloud technology:
- Deep knowledge of industry standards and architectures in the field of fixed and mobile networks (e.g 3GPP, ETSI, IETF).
- Expertise in SDN and NFV as well as a good understanding of technology trends (e.g containers, microservices, MEC etc.) and relevant opensource communities.
- Proficiency in the Ericsson solution portfolio in the above context and awareness of the competitor vendor landscape, with an appreciation of relative strengths/weaknesses.
- Expertise in delivery of Telco Cloud reference architectures.
- Operational transformation for Telco Cloud:
- Expertise on the operational implications and transformations needed for a successful Telco Cloud transformation journey.
- Knowledge of cloud operating models adopted by industry leaders as well as challenges and lessons learned by early adopters.
- 5G and Core network competence, in particular cloud enablement in the journey towards 5G.
- 15+ years of professional experience including 10+ years of experience in consultancy type roles selling and delivering consulting projects.
- Previous experience leading consulting business, practice and teams, including P&L accountability.
- Expertise in the domain areas of focus from transformation perspective.
- Solid knowledge of technologies in the domain areas of focus.
- In depth knowledge of the telecom industry, including deep understanding of Cloud impacts on the industry.
- Highly oriented towards innovation and learning.
- Experience and ability to work in international and cross-cultural environments.
- Driven to excel with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to engage and influence C-levels.
- Interpersonal and team management skills.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, and a Master’s in Engineering and/or Business is a plus.
Location & Travel - Opportunities globally; Expected travel is 75% based on needs of the business.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ServEng
Req ID: 291209