We are looking for a highly experienced consultant who will report to the Orchestration & Automation Consulting practice head within the Global Consulting organization of Ericsson. A highly-regarded professional with strong expertise in Orchestration, Analytics & Automation to include Cloud, SDN and NFV technology, with a good understanding of orchestration and automation tools as they apply to the various networks in which they are deployed. A team player with strong impact on customers.
In this role, you are expected to bring in solid expertise and experience on the process, organizational, metrics and system aspects of Orchestration & Automation, to complement existing capabilities in the Global Consulting organization. You will develop innovative consulting value propositions to customers, develop consulting business opportunities, craft solutions for customers and contribute to the delivery of consulting workstreams. This means that you will drive or participate in customer engagements from lead generation to project delivery, while playing a role as a strong contributor within an experienced team of global consultants in the Orchestration & Automation Transformation domain. As a senior member of this practice in the Global Consulting organization, you will contribute strongly to the development of this consulting practice globally, from both business and capability perspectives, including the development of offerings in the domain, collaboration with related consulting teams across consulting organizations in Market Areas, and collaboration with related Solution Areas and Business Areas.
You will be working with Ericsson colleagues from different business functions and with clients all over the world. These engagements will require you to be perceived by clients and colleagues as highly dependable and domain credible. Your role will be global, and you will travel internationally and extensively.
- Develop consulting business opportunities around the globe.
- Provide sales support, define consulting approaches and solutions according to customer needs and develop consulting proposals.
- Engage customers at senior level and provide a strong end-to-end contribution to consulting engagements.
- Contribute as a lead delivery resource in consulting projects across the globe.
- Articulate the end-to-end Ericsson story and develop the consulting value proposition to the customer.
- Develop innovative consulting value propositions and offerings, contribute to the global portfolio of offerings and develop supporting materials (White Papers, commercial presentations).
- Develop global consulting assets by harvesting project experience.
- Demonstrate thought leadership.
- Contribute to the global go-to-market of consulting value propositions including the development of marketing campaigns and collaboration with the marketing & sales force in coordination with global and local teams.
- Collaborate with consulting teams in Market Areas related to the domain.
- Collaborate with related Solution Areas and Market Areas.
Domain Expertise Areas:
- Orchestration & Automation transformation.
- Good awareness and understanding of the orchestration & automation transformation approaches taken by the industry leaders and global early adopters, in particular from an Operations and systems perspective.
- Thorough appreciation of the challenges and impacts of Orchestration & Automation transformation, as well as practical experience of transformation delivery programs including organizational impacts, process impacts, systems integration and operational transformation.
- Systems support strategies.
- Deep knowledge of industry standards and architectures in the field of fixed and mobile networks (e.g., 3GPP, ETSI, IETF).
- Expertise in SDN and NFV as well as a good understanding of operational trends and system approaches (e.g., Orchestration solutions, use of automation techniques, closed loop automation, microservices, use of analytics, policies, etc.) and relevant opensource communities (OpenStack, OPNFV, ONAP etc.)
- Proficiency in the Ericsson solution portfolio in the above context.
- Awareness of the competitor vendor landscape, with an appreciation of relative strengths/weakness with respect to the Ericsson portfolio.
- Expertise in delivery of Orchestration & Automation solution architectures.
- Operational transformation to include Orchestration & Automation solutions.
- Process and solution competence in the Orchestration & Automation domain.
- 10+ years of professional experience including 3+ years of experience in consultancy type roles selling and delivering consulting projects.
- Previous experience as a senior contributor and delivery resource of consulting teams.
- Expertise in the domain areas of focus from transformation perspective.
- Solid knowledge of solutions in the domain areas of focus.
- In depth knowledge of the telecom industry, including deep understanding of Cloud and 5G impacts on the industry.
- Highly oriented towards innovation and learning.
- Experience and ability to work in international and cross-cultural environments.
- Driven to excel with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to engage and influence customers at senior levels.
- Interpersonal and team management skills.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, and a Master in Engineering and/or Business is a plus.
Location & Travel - Opportunities globally; Expected travel is 75% based on needs of the business.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Multilocation Consulting&SysInt; ServEng
Job details: Consultant Job Stage07