Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
The Team Leader Back Office DTV team is part of the leadership team of IoT&Broadcast, Second Level Assurance, GS Ro.
Effectively manage the Digital Television platforms with respect to the assigned team, securing the Operational Processes required, delivery of required deliverables according to WLA (working-level agreement) or project specifications, company and industry standards and ways of working, Guidelines, and specific KPIs. Manage the Human Resources in order to plan, estimate and carry out the required activities to time, quality targets and in accordance with the company standards, processes and ways of working.
Fully understand the 2nd Level Operations Brake/Fix methodology, define preventive activities to reduce the possibilities of fault apparitions in the maintained platforms and ensure that the team adheres to this methodology, initiating corrective action where appropriate.
You will also:
Staffing and Line Management responsibilities:
• Ensure that resources are made available to undertake the agreed responsibilities and that they are properly utilized and accounted for;
• Ensure HRMS accuracy, full compliance with Internal Regulations and career and development plans for all staff;
• Ensure Individual Performance Management has conducted for all team personnel in line with HR and Management directives Ericsson ways of working, respecting the HR Calendar;
• Lead/mentor less-experienced colleagues;
• Drive competence building, knowledge transfer, and information sharing internally and with peers
• Reward and Talent Planning;
• Recruitment, Hiring, and Termination related activities;
• Drive delivery execution: track activities, monitor & handle changes, conflicts & escalations;
• Handle customer & stakeholder engagement: manage customer relationship building confidence & trust, ensure project progress arranging meetings & customer events;
• Develop the business: participate in governance meetings;
• Support the delivery of customized solutions and products, covering several domains and layers in the end-to-end IP Video (IPTV, online, multiscreen) solution;
• Check progress against targets, reporting as necessary and acting to resolve deviations and seek continuous improvement;
• Accountable for maintenance of the technical and procedural documentation up to date, complete and stored in such a way to be known and available to all the team members and the management;
• Act as an effective member of the Units Extended Leadership Team, working towards its objectives, including cross-unit and cross-business unit objectives;
• Business Understanding;
• Very good knowledge and understanding of the Managed Services Delivery Model and its processes;
• Extensive experience with the interpretation of quality indicators to detect weaknesses and implement corrective action;
• A proactive approach to minimize or eliminate the business-critical situations;
• End-user orientation/ Customer orientation with an excellent understanding of service providers/operator’s business requirements - be able to create true client value;
• Knowledge of Ericsson GS processes and instructions.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed):
• Relevant experience of implementing, supporting and troubleshooting complex enterprise-level Microsoft and Linux based systems in a fast-paced commercial environment, with the ability to resolve issues or escalate in a concise manner;
• Strong analytical skills; the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail if required
• Experience of Client liaison, including acting as a Technical Representative in meetings with a Client’s technical and non-technical staff;
• Relevant experience of providing 2nd-3rd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment;
• Relevant experience in supporting VMware environments; experience of systems automation, configuration management, automated server builds and monitoring tools. e.g: Puppet, Jenkins;
• Understanding of IP and broadcast networking as well as data center infrastructure;
• Experience in Media Delivery Platform & Content Protection implementation of B2C video services is a plus;
• Understanding of entertainment technology & ecosystem from Video Head-End (DVB technologies) & Media Delivery Platforms, and Apps (IOS, Android, HTML5) is a plus;
• The familiarity around Video CAS, DRM, Video back-ends, workflows, CMS, security services, Application Services, CDN, Ad Insertion, broadband data, home networking, TV, VoD, DVR is a plus;
• Familiarity with: Audio and Video coding/decoding technologies, related IT systems (OSS & BSS);
• Familiarity with micro-services-based architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes);
• Knowledge of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (e.g Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python), RESTful architecture;
• Knowledge &/or experience of using Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, etc.
• Fluent spoken and written English
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.