This position will enable the individual to employ his/her analytical skills in a consultancy role to help customers address key strategic initiatives and network evolution plans in the 5G and IoT domain. We are looking for a highly experienced consulting professional with strong expertise across the various network segments, including but not limited to radio access, transport, core network, and cloud, as well as having a solid grasp on emerging technology trends. The applicant must be an effective team player with the desire and attitude to have a strong impact on our customers.
In this role, the consultant is expected to bring in solid expertise and experience on the technical considerations associated with network performance, architectural configurations, capability gaps and other aspects to be taken into account as operators embark in the journey towards 5G. You will develop innovative consulting value propositions to customers, develop consulting business opportunities, craft solutions for customers and contribute to the delivery of consulting workstreams. This means that you will drive or participate in customer engagements from lead generation to project delivery, while playing a role as a strong contributor within an experienced team of global consultants in the 5G and IoT domain. As a senior member of this practice in the Global Consulting unit, you will contribute strongly to the development of this consulting practice, from both business and capability perspectives, including the development of offerings in the domain, collaboration with related consulting teams across consulting organizations in Market Areas, and collaboration with related Solution Areas and Business Areas.
You will be working with Ericsson colleagues from different business functions and with clients all over the world. These engagements will require you to be perceived by clients and colleagues as highly dependable and domain credible. Your role will be global, and you will travel internationally and extensively.
- Develop consulting business opportunities around the globe.
- Provide sales support, define consulting approaches and solutions according to customer needs and develop consulting proposals.
- Engage customers at senior level and provide a strong end-to-end contribution to consulting engagements.
- Contribute as a lead delivery resource in consulting projects across the globe.
- Articulate the end-to-end Ericsson story and develop the consulting value proposition to the customer.
- Develop innovative consulting value propositions and offerings, contribute to the global portfolio of offerings and develop supporting materials (White Papers, commercial presentations).
- Develop global consulting assets by harvesting project experience.
- Demonstrate thought leadership.
- Contribute to the global go-to-market of consulting value propositions including the development of marketing campaigns and collaboration with the marketing & sales force in coordination with global and local teams.
- Collaborate with consulting teams in Market Areas related to the domain.
- Collaborate with related Solution Areas and Market Areas.
Domain Expertise Areas:
- Ability to assess the technical requirements associated with specific business priorities driven by use case selections across enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB), Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), Massive Machine-Type Communications (mMTC) and Critical Machine-Type Communications (cMTC).
- Thorough understanding of the alternatives communications service providers to evolve their radio access network from their existing configurations to the target future states – considering evolved LTE, New Radio (NR), Non-Stand Alone (NSA), Stand Alone (SA) – and the implications associated with these.
- Necessary skills to analyze and formulate recommendations related to the available deployment options to evolve the core network – Evolved Packet Core, 5G Core – when combined with the various radio access alternatives.
- Ability to effectively articulate the rationale behind the migration options along with pros and cons
- Spectrum band considerations such as capacity and coverage as they relate to the support of use case categories.
- Assessment of other deployment considerations such as the impacts related to voice services and devices.
- Deep knowledge of the relevant industry standards and architectures (e.g 3GPP, ETSI, IETF, ITU).
- Understanding of the role of NFV technologies and the telco cloud environment in the context of 5G.
- 10+ years of professional experience including 3+ years of experience in consultancy type roles selling and delivering consulting projects.
- Previous experience as a senior contributor and delivery resource of consulting teams.
- Expertise in the domain areas of focus from technology transformation perspective.
- Solid knowledge of solutions in the domain areas of focus.
- In depth knowledge of the telecom industry, including deep understanding of 5G and IoT impacts on the industry.
- Highly oriented towards innovation and learning.
- Experience and ability to work in international and cross-cultural environments.
- Driven to excel with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to engage and influence customers at senior levels.
- Interpersonal and team management skills.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, and a Master in Engineering and/or Business is a plus.
Location & Travel - Opportunities globally; Expected travel is 75% based on needs of the business.