Telco Cloud Technology Consultant – Job Stage 7
We are looking for a highly experienced consultant who will report to the Cloud & Networks Consulting sub-practice head within the Global Consulting Practice of Ericsson. A highly-regarded professional with strong expertise in Cloud, SDN and NFV technology, with a good understanding of Core and Access Networks, 5G and IoT as well as emerging technology trends. A team player with strong impact on customers.
In this role, you are expected to bring in solid expertise and experience on technology aspects of Cloud, SDN and NFV, to complement existing capabilities in the Global Consulting Practice. You will develop innovative consulting value propositions to customers, develop consulting business opportunities, craft solutions for customers and contribute to delivery of consulting workstreams. This means that you will drive or participate in customer engagements from lead generation to project delivery, while playing a role as a strong contributor within an experienced team of global consultants in the Cloud and Network Transformation domain. As a senior member of this sub-practice in the Global Consulting Practice, you will contribute strongly to the development of this consulting sub-practice globally, from both business and capability perspectives, including the development of offerings in the domain, collaboration with related consulting teams across consulting organizations in Market Areas, and collaboration with related Solution Areas and Business Areas.
You will be working with Ericsson colleagues from different business functions and with clients all over the world. These engagements will require you to be perceived by clients and colleagues as highly dependable and domain credible. Your role will be global and you will travel internationally and extensively.
- Develop consulting business opportunities around the globe.
- Provide sales support, define consulting approaches and solutions according to customer needs and develop consulting proposals.
- Engage customers at senior level and provide strong end-to-end contribution to consulting engagements.
- Contribute as a lead delivery resource in consulting projects across the globe.
- Articulate the end to end Ericsson story and develop the consulting value proposition to the customer.
- Develop innovative consulting value propositions and offerings, contribute to the global portfolio of offerings and develop supporting materials (PoVs, commercial presentations).
- Develop global consulting assets by harvesting project experience.
- Demonstrate thought leadership.
- Contribute to global go-to-market of consulting value propositions including development of marketing campaigns and collaboration with sales force in coordination with global and local teams.
- Collaborate with consulting teams in Market Areas related to the domain.
- Collaborate with related Solution Areas and Market Areas.
Domain Expertise Areas:
- Cloud transformation.
- Good awareness and understanding of the cloud transformation approaches taken by the industry leaders and global early adopters, in particular from technology and deployment perspectives.
- Thorough appreciation of the challenges and impacts of cloud transformation, as well as practical experience of transformation delivery programs including architectures, systems integration and operational transformation.
- Cloud technology.
- Deep knowledge of industry standards and architectures in the field of fixed and mobile networks (e.g 3GPP, ETSI, IETF).
- Expertise in SDN and NFV as well as a good understanding of technology trends (e.g containers, microservices, MEC etc) and relevant opensource communities (OpenStack, OPNFV, ONAP etc.)
- Proficiency in the Ericsson solution portfolio in the above context.
- Awareness of the competitor vendor landscape, with an appreciation of relative strengths/weakness with respect to the Ericsson portfolio.
- Expertise in delivery of telco cloud reference architectures.
- Operational transformation for telco cloud.
- Access and Core network competence.
- 5G and IoT technology and use case competence.
- 10+ years of professional experience including 3+ years of experience in consultancy type roles selling and delivering consulting projects.
- Previous experience as a senior contributor and delivery resource of consulting teams.
- Expertise in the domain areas of focus from transformation perspective.
- Solid knowledge of technologies in the domain areas of focus.
- In depth knowledge of the telecom industry, including deep understanding of Cloud and 5G impacts on the industry.
- Highly oriented towards innovation and learning.
- Experience and ability to work in international and cross-cultural environments.
- Driven to excel with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to engage and influence customers at senior levels.
- Interpersonal and team management skills.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, and a Masters in Engineering and/or Business is a plus.
Location & Travel - Opportunities globally; Expected travel is 75% based on needs of the business.