Are you a highly detailed person who’s not afraid of digging into the data and problem solving? Do you love the border between development and product? Ericsson is this place, and we have an exciting opportunity for you in a fast-paced, highly collaborative technical environment!
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are currently seeking to fill a Radio Design Integration Developer position within our Radio HW Product Integration team. Our group is responsible for hardware development of wireless base station equipment. We are developing state of the art, multi-standard radio (RF) and digital hardware for cellular LTE, W-CDMA (UMTS), GSM and 5G applications. Our base station products are deployed by worldwide leading mobile operators.
- be responsible for the functional and performance validation of Hardware and Software components of new multi-standard small cell radio products.
- optimize the performance of our integrated radio product to meet specified 3GPP industry standards and internal system requirements.
- prepare test environments and methods for radio product integration based on relevant wireless standard and internal documents.
- analyze results in conjunction with Hardware, Software and Systems engineering teams to identify and root cause product issues.
- Define scope of integration and plan integration activities
- Analyze new product design and its performance requirements
- Identify new equipment and software required to perform integration activities
- Prepare lab environment including both HW (test equipment) and SW components
- define test coverage required for integration and describe how it will be performed
- integrate radio unit HW and SW
- implement test and validation methods for optimal integration coverage
- develop all necessary calibration and performance optimization procedures
- define robustness and stress test required for new product
- perform required validation and test of radio product
- analyze result and take appropriate action to drive necessary radio software updates, perform error detection or report error to relevant hardware or software design units
- perform statistical analysis of measurement data to estimate expected parameter margins and yield
- produce documentation as per radio design and integration processes
- drive requirements and support factory test solution and ongoing yield analysis
- drive continuous improvements of processes and product quality
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- BSc level in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Microsoft Windows/Office skills
- Strong team, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven understanding of radio communications and wireless systems technology
- 10 years of experience working in RF product development or test
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, outstanding career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 291100