Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Major operators in Northeast Asia are looking to save cost and generate revenues by moving their own infrastructure onto virtualized cloud platforms and by providing subscribers with cloud services. We are looking for a well-rounded portfolio manager with a solid understanding of Data Center and infrastructure transformation. The role is to bring technical depth and versatility and to be able to confidently discuss with and lead the customer’s management and technical staff on all topics relating to cloud, in particular relating to operators challenges in virtualizing their existing applications. The role also includes being able to analyze customer requirements, to build solutions using both Ericsson and 3PP products, and to drive the project in a consultative selling way of working.
- Responsible for short and long-term profitable business of Ericsson by being part of or work closely with the sales team (Core 3) to translate the customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Guide and advise customers with technical and business dimensions of technology management related to virtualization, private and public cloud, capacity and performance management.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end cloud solutions (e.g.: Ericsson Cloud System, SDN, Cloud Management, NFV) for the customers based on their specifications and business needs.
- Responsible for helping the customer build their technical strategy toward cloud, including virtualizing their core networks, OSS/BSS platforms or their internal IT applications, as well as how they can generate revenues by selling cloud services in form of IaaS, PaaS or SaaS.
- Responsible for developing Cloud business plans and output deliverables and securing the roadmap of Ericsson Cloud portfolio to support the business plan
- Responsible for providing professional consulting about cloud computing to a range of customers across the region.
- Responsible for design advanced cloud computing systems and large data analytics plan to client
- Readiness to travel up to 50% annually
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in Mobile Packet Core, Data Center Virtualization and SDN to support strategic opportunities arising from customers in Regions
- Analyze complex customer requirements and propose technical and competence developments solutions in new areas and domains, within the framework of Core 3 team activities, required to enhance customer's competitive position in cloud business
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the Customer Solution. Is able to work with and manage customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
- Provide the specified customized solutions, covering several domains and layers in the customer network.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally. Also acts as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues.
- When applicable participate as a member of Core 3 team with specialist knowledge within the subject area (solutions) so that technical aspects related to are taken into account.
- Drive Add on sales and business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes and and create value proposition for Ericsson Cloud solution offering
- Familiar with Open Networking Forum’s SDN technology/standardization work, ETSI Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), IETF's SDN related Workgroups and initiatives, OpenStack activities related to APIs, and other SDN related activities in the industry.
- Evaluating application portfolios and infrastructure workloads for private, public, and hybrid cloud environments
- Preparing technical solutions and SoC (Statement of Compliance) for RFPs
- Provide insight on how new trends will affect customer/Ericsson business, current and future technology & operations, especially in telecom domain
- Follow up the delivered products and solutions on an agreed regular basis with the customer to keep informed about the life cycle evolvement of the implemented customer solution.
- Recognized as a leader in knowledge sharing communities.
Ericsson Wide - Functional and other competences
- Knowledge of Ericsson cloud related portfolio and offering (ECS/ECM/EVA/etc.) will be a plus
- Knowledge of Ericsson SDN products (e.g., SSR, SDN Controller)
- Knowledge of 3GPP core network standards and interfaces will be a plus
- Knowledge of Ericsson telecom core products and OSS/BSS systems will be a plus
- Familiar with Ericsson business process (SDP) & sales tools will be a plus
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a telecommunication environment specifically in customer implementation or integration services and/or consulting, as well as experience in an ICT environment for Data Center, Virtualization & Cloud solution architect position or equivalent
- Extensive experience in utilizing market intelligence data to understand the competitive landscape and the capabilities of key competitors in the IT/Telecom marketplace, especially on cloud technology and cloud services
- Deep understanding of various Cloud models (Public cloud, Private Cloud, Telecom Cloud) in at least one aspect of the Cloud and experience on private, public and telecom cloud implementation.
- Deep understanding in cloud infrastructure stacks such as: SDN, OpenFlow, OpenStack, CloudStack, NFV, Intel DPDK, Linux KVM, VMware, Hadoop, Pivotal/Greenplum.
- Expertise in Data Centers with transformation to Cloud experience including Software Defined Networks (SDN), Software Defined Data Centers (SDDC), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and Data Center transformation and IT automation, Security & process.
- Vendor experience with EMC/VMware, Cisco, Oracle, HP & IBM regarding virtualization, hypervisor & management layer portfolios (strongly recommended), also has a broad understanding of the virtualization business drivers.
- Competence in cloud initiatives related to Mobile Packet Core architecture and interworking with NFV (Network Function Virtualization) and SDN (Software Defined Network virtualization).
- Experience in preparing technical solutions and SoC (Statement of Compliance) for RFPs.
- Provide consultations to sales, pre-sales, business development, marketing and service teams.
- Excellent knowledge of 3GPP and mobile packet core (EPC) node architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of wireless/mobile core technologies (incl. call flow) and related protocols required
- Relevant knowledge of Datacom and Telecom environments.
- Knowledge of Ericsson products and solutions (EPC related) would be an asset..
- Detailed understanding of the cloud industry and market, familiar with IaaS, PaaS & SaaS, terms like scale-out, scale-up, scale-in, automation, cloud management.
- Strong collaboration, written and verbal presentation skills are a must.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Chinese
- Proven experience of customer interaction including requirement elicitation and scoping, value propositioning and negotiations.
- Impeccable communication skills in order to be able to participate and drive customer meetings, as well as develop solutions
- Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality
- Ability to learn new technology, products and solutions.
- Ability to examine situations from a highly analytical perspective
- Ability to understand specific needs in which to create or alter solutions
- Ability to lead others and work in a team environment Ability to decompose/analyze/solution complex technical issues in a timely manner
Additional Requirements, Physical demands, Region / Local specifications (Blank for Global templates)
- Multi Language speaker (English, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean) will be a plus.
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China (HK) || || Hong Kong || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 290895