Do you have depth of understanding of Machine Learning and AI technologies? We are looking for a talented and motivated young data scientist, aiming for applying and extending those skills to solve real complex problems in the Traffic Management area for 5G Packet Core products.
You will be part of a team developing the 5G Packet Core focused on Traffic Management area, including traffic optimizations, analytics solutions, machine learning for traffic identification and automation, edge cloud, etc. In a nutshell your goal would be to develop add-on differentiating value on top of the 5G network user plane infrastructure.
You will need to have good programming skills and strong understanding of Data science and Machine Learning tools. You will use your knowledge and/or experience in Data Science methodologies apply them to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You will work in a highly collaborative environment with top professionals to learn from. Your contribution will also help to create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network.
To be successful; one should have:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Telecom Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- 0-2 years of real world or research experience in data science.
- Statistics knowledge, e.g.: descriptive analysis and supervised and unsupervised analysis
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Apache solutions (Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark), ElasticSearch, Kibana, Logstash, etc.
- Experience in model development and life-cycle-management in one or more industry/application domain
- Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Understanding of Machine Learning, e.g.: linear/logistics regression discriminant analysis, bagging, random forest, Bayesian model, SVM, neural networks, etc. And knowledge of common libraries such us Scikit-learn in Python…
- Knowledge and skills in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Spark, etc.
- Comfortable with Linux.
- Excellent in team working.
- Curious, willing to learn and share knowledge.
- Good communication skills and open personality.
- Fluent in English.
You may have:
- Certifying MI MOOCS, a plus
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation is a plus
- TCP/IP Networking and evolution transport protocols (like QUIC), data networks and IP-based applications (HTTP, HTTPS, ..).
- Knowledge in Mobile network architecture 4G/5G. Interfaces, protocols, functions,..
- Cloud native software stacks and execution environments: VMware, AWS, Swarm, Kubernetes, others.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || Madrid || R&D
Req ID: 290715