Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
IP MPLS 2nd Level - Noida
• This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support that the one offered by the 1st Level Operations. This shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.2nd Level Assurance Engineer is typically assigned to work on tickets and troubleshooting high level network and services faults.
Day to day activities involve –
• 2nd Level Assurance Support Activities
• 2nd Level Incident Management
• 2nd Level Problem Management
• 2nd Level Change management
• 2nd Level User Access Management
Responsible for 2nd level operation and maintenance (O&M) of customer IP network elements (Routers , Switches , Firewall,Load Balancers )and services .
• Meeting or exceeding the network availability targets & responsibilities.
• To ensure RCA for any fault within network systems.
• To work within well-defined system support guidelines.
• To prioritize faults to meet SLA/WLA.
• To do end to end investigation of faults/cause related to system/network problems.
• To ensure correct working methodology.
• To coordinate with all technical teams to handle emergencies and if required coordinate with stakeholders (MSIP , PQM )and Tier2 support/3PP vendors.
• Clearing of assigned Trouble Tickets post troubleshooting.
• To participate in internal/external technical discussions in view to improve overall network performance and make recommendations wherever possible.
• Qualifications: Degree within Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering/or equivalent
• Industry experience: Telecom/ISP/Enterprise
• Years of experience: 2-10years of Practical Knowledge
• Must have excellent communication skills and able to handle end Customers to ensure their problems are addressed
• Experience in 2nd level support activities and troubleshooting of IP related networks issues and tickets (Routers, switches, and Firewall etc.)
• Good Experience of Multi-Vendor Routing and switching products like CISCO ASR , Juniper (MX , TX and PTX) series ,Alcatel SR-7750 , Alcatel ESS7 switches, Cisco Routers and Switches ,CMTS -ARRIS,CMTS-CBR-8,CMTS -CISCO
• Preferable with Enterprise/ISP hands on experience and certified CCNA/CCIP/CCNP or equivalent.
• Working experience on MPLS,Multicast, BGP,OSPF, VPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, VLAN, STP, LAG and switching technologies.
• Working Knowledge of Data center and exposure on devices like Load balancers (F5) , Firewall (ASA) .
• Delivering results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
• Proven background in ICT where both fault ticket handling and fault ticket fix have been prevalent.
• Well organized and able to do multi-tasking, problem solving and strategic thinking.
• Ability to provide clear and concise reports/feedback to peers and management, adapting the style of communication appropriately to the audience/receivers.
• Ability to influence and persuade multi-customer NOC teams on fault ticket quality to fulfill field engineer requirements.
• Experience of direct exposure to customer, fault mitigation and escalation process to all operational levels .
• Possess understanding of below items:
• Experience of working on technologies like IPv4, IPv6 , MPLS , ATM etc.
• Experience of working over Multi-vendor Routing and switching products like Cisco ASR 9k , CISCO ASR 10K , Juniper (MX , TX and PTX) series ,Alcatel SR-7750 , Alcatel ESS7 switches.
• Experience of working on CMTS CBR-8, Arris and Cisco
• Experience of working on Routing and switching Protocols like VRRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, LDP, RSVP, BFD, STP
• Handing of TTs reported by 1st LA.
• Handling of incidents & outages for restoration.
• Any IP Certifications like CCNA , CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA , ETCP etc is mandatory .
• Technical expertise in IPTV and OTT field, including Head-end design, IPTV middle ware, Video on Demand, IPTV& OTT system integration and 3rd party STB integration.
• Understanding of the business processes in the IP domain.
• Hands-on work experience on Managing IP based Network services network and remote trouble shooting.
• Understanding of IP network elements and IP planning
• Managing & Configuration of IP Products like Routers, switches, and Firewall
• Providing information to users/customer about service availability and the procedures for obtaining these services.
• End-to-End understanding of IP Network Architecture is must.
• Understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP,HTTP,RTMP,IGMP,PIM,DNS)
• Good Knowledge of TCP/IP
• Working knowledge of below mentioned IP products and vendors –
CISCO Routers --- ASR 9k , ASR 10K, 7600, 7200 series
Alcatel Routers --- SR-7750
Alcatel Switches --- ESS7
Juniper Routers ---- MX , TX , PTX series
Redback Routers ---- SE600, SE 1200
Cisco Switches ---- Nexus 5K , 3400 , 3550
Firewalls --------- ASA
Load Balancers ------- F5
• Customer Focus
Customer First: anticipate customer and market requirements and adapt to their needs. Understand your customers, anticipate their needs and exceed their expectations
Execute swiftly, right first time
Accountability – be responsible for impact of your actions, deliver on your commitments
Contribute to the creation of an environment in which team/ individuals are empowered to innovate, make decisions and take action
Use diversity as a strength, ensure equal opportunities and listen to the views of others whilst offering productive feedback.
Passion to win, strive for high achievement
Courage – Has the confidence to challenge existing processes or procedures and suggest new ways of working that end up in improved delivery performance
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.