Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
To support and advice the company in early phases to ensure exportability of our offerings including valid licenses. Potential limitations for the export shall be clearly stated, agreed and communicated to all concerned entities.
This is achieved by securing adherence to applicable domestic and foreign laws, rules and regulations, related to export out of Sweden. Being early involved in opportunities, business decisions (including development investment decisions) and performing operational support and governance of all export aspects in doing business including sanctions, embargo and other sensitive markets. Included in the scope is to validate and secure export license applications and prepare documents towards Swedish authorities (Ericsson AB products).
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• To actively cooperate and support Market Areas with trade compliance related technical and functional questions to ensure Legal Compliance in sensitive markets in the early sales process (products, solutions and services)
• Participate in relevant Sales Decision Points to secure Trade Compliance impact on supported portfolio
• Review commercial projects to identify and mitigate export compliance risks presented
• Trade support towards Ericsson Business Areas ensuring trade complians decisions including new Operational Models
• Participate in relevant Business Decision Points to secure Trade Compliance impact on supported portfolio
• Secure Export License Application with correct Technical information for Ericsson AB products
• Support in technical and functional questions with Authorities in relation to export licenses
Profile and competence requirements:
• Lead in developing a culture of export compliance, setting an example for transparency and promoting an environment where speaking up in a professional manner is encouraged
• Good networking ability and social skills including the ability to handle internal and external contacts, including Government authorities and regulators.
• High level of integrity with character consistent with Ericsson values of respect, professionalism and perseverance; must be empathetic and willing to listen.
• International experience and cultural awareness
• Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Independent, goal-oriented and systematic way of working.
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Strong Ericsson Portfolio Knowledge
• Fluent in English
• Extensive knowledge about Trade Compliance rules and regulations
• Extensive knowledge about market situation related to embargos and sanctions applicable to the countries in which Ericsson operates
• Extensive competence to apply Trade Compliance classification
• Several years of experience in the area of Trade Compliance
• Proven ability to lead and drive
• Change Management skills
Preferred Qualification and Experience Requirements:
• Relevant university degree
• Background in the area of Contract Management (terms and conditions), Product portfolio, Supply chain management or Sourcing agreements (terms and conditions)
• Certified Export Control Manager (CECM) according to The Swedish Export Control Society, or equivalent outside of Sweden
• Strong business and sales experience/understanding
• Work experience in the area of Trade Compliance
• Project Management experience
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it is ready. If you have specific questions you are welcome to email recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Kista, Sweden
Last day to apply is the 22nd of October, 2019.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT; R&D
Req ID: 290547