Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
The Subject Matter Expert Openstack is expected to analyze, dimension, prepare, implement and verify the connectivity and integration of infra-structure elements which are the base of complex Telecom integration projects. Scope could include the scenarios of upgrade/modification and re-configuration of a complete NFVi/Cloud solution.
Total experience of 4-8 Years and relevant and proven experience (1.5-2 years) in following subject matter areas:
- Should be involved in the planning, design, and deployment of Cloud solutions.
- Indepth understanding of Infrastructure (Server/Storage/Network) sizing, consolidation, virtualization and thin-provisioning
- Installation and administration experience in one or more–Openstack, Mirantis Openstack, Redhat Openstack, etc
- Knowledge & Experience with opensource IaaS environments such as OpenStack.
- Installation and administration experience in Hyper-visors one or more– KVM/RHEV, VMware vSphere/ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, Veritas Storage foundation and Cluster Server
- Knowledge & practical experience of Open vSwitch, OVSDB, SR-IOV, VF, DPDK and Software Defined Networking SDN controller like OpenDayLight.
- At least 2 years of experience in Openstack, Cloud orchestration & configuration management tools (chef/puppet etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS and noSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB) is highly desired
- Storage – Legacy Storage and Software Defined Storage, Object Storage,
- Installation and administration experience in Operating Systems –Unix, Linux
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Technical or Bachelor degree in IT-related areas should have worked as Network SME or Cloud Network Engineer, for 6+ years, working with complex implementations
- Large experience in designing and implementing IT Infrastructure projects
- Datacenter Networking in convergent environment (Network, Servers, Virtualization)
- Familiar with solutions in Linux environments
Desirable Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge on Cloud, Disaster Recovery and Security
- Knowledge of Ericsson NFVi/OSS/BSS Products
Desirable at least one of corresponding Certifications:
- Networking Industry certification (Cisco, Juniper, HPE,etc.)
- Virtualization solutions certifications (like VMware)
- Linux Administration Certifications.
- Openstack or Cloud certifications like AWS
- Creating & Innovating
- Language skills, fluent in English and (Spanish or Portuguese)
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Problem Solving & Troubleshooting skills
- Analytical Skills
- Team work & collaboration skills
- Cross-cultural Sensitivity & Adaptive to Change
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
- Ericsson Portfolio Knowledge
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Plan the implementation of the Product Configuration / Integration work
- Create IT Infrastructure High Level Design (HLD/LLD):
- HW & SW description for each IT environment component.
- Rack mount Design and Physical NetworkTopology Design.
- Compute Layer & Virtualization Design
- Logical Network Design.
- SDN Design.
- Compute Application Nodes configuration
- Geographic Redundancy detailed Design
- Execute Product Configuration & Integration work
- Prepare acceptance test and handover to customer
- Identify and drive performance improvements
- Perform Post Project activities and handover
- Eventually might Support presales activities, including assessments
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
- Available to travel at least 25%
LOCATION: Based on Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Perú OR Uruguay
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Chile (CL) || || Santiago de Chile || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 290508