Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
As service Engineer, you will design, and develop a wide range of technical solutions focusing on the collection, processing, retrieval and visualization of telecom network information.
This position is for a Remedy Service Engineer.
The candidate we seek will be highly motivated with a passion for learning new technologies. She/he thinks out-of-the-box and can identify issues and creative solutions, regardless of the technology a true computer scientist/engineer. We are looking for someone interested in being hands-on, but also has the ability and experience to operate in the capacity of Software Architect.
This person must be strong technically but understand business and operational processes to ensure the solution closely matches the needs of the corporation. This position requires frequent contact with teammates to assess, recommend, and develop data centric technical solutions to automate, integrate, and enhance operational systems and processes. This person must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work independently.
- • Demonstrate an advanced understanding of BMC Remedy
- • Assist with planning and execution of unit, integration and user acceptance testing
- • Facilitate knowledge transfer of BMC Remedy functionality and application functionality to internal customers and teammates
- • Managing the information and data modeling of solutions.
- • Provide best practices around application design, modeling, scalability and performance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology (IT) or equivalent qualification
- • Needs to have 3-5 years of working experience on Deployment, configuration, integration, technical documentation, testing and administration of BMC ITSM Suite (9.1)
- • Needs to have hands-on experience in CMDB, integrations and AR System configurations.
- • Needs to have hands-on experience in different ITSM modules (Tickets modules).
- • Needs to have hands-on experience in customization and shall be able to write efficient workflows.
- • Needs to have good knowledge in ITSM(v9.1) and ITIL process.
- • Needs to have hands-on experience in trouble-shooting and shall be able to fix issues immediately.
- • Accountable for meeting project deliverable deadlines taking ownership of the work.
- • A proven ability to develop positive working relationships in a distributed team, and to create effective collaboration with direct and extended team member.
- • Propose implementation solutions for the customers in co-operation with the solution architect as required
- • Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- • Strong oral and written communication skills
- • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- • Good knowledge of data management best practices and standards
- • Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- • Good knowledge of common software design patterns
- • Basic understanding of telecom and networking technologies
TECHNOLOGIES / TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- • SOAP UI
- • LINUX/SOLARIS
- • Basic SQL Queries
- • Web Services(SOAP/REST)
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.