Location: Santa Clara, CA
In Ericsson, the Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) unit has several projects already underway to bring in AI and Automation capabilities to the Company's product portfolio across Business Areas. The promising, game-changing results demonstrated so far are indicative of the tremendous potential that intelligent leveraging of data can bring to a domain like telecom.
We are now looking for a Data Science & Engineering leader to bring the AI Enabled New Initiatives and Cross-Unit Capabilities (AINIX) team to the next level.
This position will report into the Head of GAIA AINIX and be part of the unit’s leadership team; supporting, driving and leading initiatives towards achieving the goals of the AINIX.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
- Build a high-end competence center that brings together a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Engineers and Machine Learning Architects towards the goal of enhancing Ericsson’s products and services portfolio with AI capabilities.
- Foster and leverage an AI ecosystem (Start-ups, Academia, Technology Leaders, Customers/Industries and Open-Source/De-facto Standards/Initiatives) in Silicon Valley and North America to create and drive incubation of new products/services.
- Drive exciting projects encompassing but not limited to Domain-specific Digital Twin, Domain-Specific Knowledge Graph and Reasoning, Capabilities for AI-based real-time decision making and actions for mission-critical cyber-physical systems.
- Serve as a key member of the AINIX’s Think Tank, formulating its vision, mission, goals and driving day-to-day activities to realize them.
- Contribute to & execute AINIX strategy, plans and objectives, project milestones and key results
- Manage cross functional and cross-geographic teams of data scientists, data engineers, software engineers
- Operationalize and expose AI/ML capabilities for easy consumption across units in GAIA and Ericsson
- Contribute to due diligence of potential partners, suppliers, M&A opportunities
- Contribute to internal and external evangelism of Ericsson capability in AI/ML area; blog posts, training, speaking engagements, industry papers, etc.
- A proven track record of having incubated market-leading products and solutions in collaboration with external/internal ecosystems
- Over 5 years of experience in leading/building capabilities in collaboration and co-creation with AI centric ecosystems
- More than 15 years of experience in Software Engineering and Product Development
- Had success formulating and executing product and technology strategies and concepts
- Excellent people management skills specifically the ability to attract motivate and retain talent
- Had success fostering a creative, high-performance and fast learning culture
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Masters preferred
You might also have:
- MBA or equivalent Post Graduate Diploma would be an added advantage
- Domain experience in one or more telecom areas like Radio, Cloud, OSS, BSS, etc.
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission – to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || IT