As part of the MANA Networks organization, an Ericsson Senior Security Consultant will support, drive and participate in customer engagements and related industry discussions that require expertise in multiple security domains. The consultant will work with government agencies, standards bodies, trade associations, industry committees and similar groups in helping to further work in the field of security, while providing proper representation of Ericsson’s high standards.
This individual may also work with project teams, ensuring that solutions are completed according to Ericsson standards and customer requirements, while being mindful of industry trends and regulations. The consultant will work closely with customer, industry and government contacts to be able to propose improvements and identify new market trends related to security within service provider, IT and commercial cloud environments, among others.
Key engagement opportunities or areas of focus will include:
- RAN & Core security, spanning 3G, 4G and 5G infrastructure
- Regulatory and compliance analysis
- Standards/working groups across 3GPP, ETSI, IEEE, ITU, GSMA, etc
- Advisory services covering classic security, risk and vulnerability analysis
Additional/occasional projects or areas of analysis may include:
- Security operations, management and monitoring
- Cloud and virtualization security
- IoT security and related considerations
- Data privacy considerations and assessments
- Network security architecture, design and optimization
- 3rd party security product integration and advisory services
- Deliver quality security consulting and advisory services, managing risk, workload and time across multiple assignments
- Develop or recommend security capabilities and enhancements, share project learning and contribute to thought leadership activities.
- Develop and update collateral such as whitepapers, webinars, presentations, etc
- Contribute to and create RFP responses, solution documents, questionnaires, customer presentations and related documents
- Coach other colleagues on areas of professional growth and best practices within security
- Contribute to business development efforts and continuously identify and qualify profitable business and add-on opportunities in the area of security consulting, system integration and advisory services
- Take a lead on industry representation, demonstrate innovative ideas and evaluate new areas of business growth for Ericsson Networks
- Analyze customer offerings, Ericsson solutions, market scenarios and go to market strategies related to security technology and capabilities
- Work seamlessly with customers, Ericsson security SME's, Product Managers, Solution Architects and others to ensure quality projects while mitigating risk across the Ericsson Networks business
- At least 7 years of experience in Security Consulting, IT Security or Network Security industry, having proven experience in complex transformational projects and security consulting engagements
- Experience working with large scale business processes, architectures and organizations (enterprise, service provider, critical infrastructure, etc)
- Experience in security auditing and/or assessments of various types (vulnerability, network, process, policy, risk, etc)
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, L2/L3 LAN/WAN and mobile networks; preferably expertise in at least one of RAN, Core or Management/Operations domains within large networks
- Consultant is expected to hold and maintain one or more current security certifications commensurate with experience and area of focus (e.g. CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, etc)
- Moderate travel may be required, including possibility for international engagements
- U.S. Citizen
Preferred but not required:
- Exposure to open source, cloud and virtualization technologies (OpenStack, Docker, Azure, AWS, Helion, vCloud, etc.)
- Familiarity with security scanning tools (Nessus, CIS-CAT, OpenVAS, WebInspect, AppScan, etc)
- Proficiency with multiple platforms including Windows, UNIX, Linux and experience in hardening, auditing and securing those platforms, especially with scripting and automation tools
- Relevant experience within the telecom or network industry
- Relevant experience within various government sectors
- Participation in technical standards/working groups
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Experience in technical roles within multiple security disciplines
- Strong business development skills, entrepreneurial tendencies, and adaptability especially in “greenfield” accounts and scenarios
- Strong interpersonal skills, adapting to a variety of customer and cultural environments
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to convey key messages and complex topics in a very convincing manner to all levels of an organization
- Excellent written skills (examples of published material such as whitepapers or articles preferred)
- High integrity and objectivity
- Focused on delivering results and exceeding customer expectations
- Dallas/Plano area or U.S. East Coast
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 289803