What does your future look like?
Would you like to work on the leading-edge mobile technologies? Machine Learning, 5G, IoT, ...? In Strategic Competence Unit (SCU) within Network Design and Optimisation (NDO) area in Ericsson, we are already there! Do you like travelling, a multicultural and highly skilled environment, and plenty of opportunities for career growth? If you have good experience in network design and optimization, we offer you the opportunity to work with operators worldwide, alongside our product development team, shaping the next generation networks. With us you can continuously upskill, in a fast-paced ever-changing technology landscape. We are building the CTOs of the future. Are you up for the challenge? Want to join us at Ericsson?
This position sits within Strategic Competence Unit (SCU), a highly experienced global team at Ericsson. You will be working at the cutting edge of technology (ML, 5G, IoT, AEO, and VoLTE/VoNR) and will be involved with projects in many diverse global locations. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert (SME) and a go-to person in the field of Radio Network Design and Optimisation. Although this position is based in Sydney or Melbourne, Australia, you will be required to travel extensively to Ericsson and Customer sites around the world, for both short and long duration assignments.
In this role you will:
- Provide network solutions on the latest technologies in Radio Access Network (RAN) space, considering E2E impacts.
- Develop and deliver machine learning solutions in the RAN Design or Optimisation area to mobile operators
- Design solutions that are scalable, robust and cost effective that fulfils operators’ technical and business requirements
- Manage customer expectations, implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost
- Lead discussion with Customers (Technical Staff and Senior Management), understand customer requirements
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering or IT.
- Minimum 4 years of Radio Network Design and Optimisation experience or relevant experience in ICT Industry.
- Programming skills/experience in languages; Python, Hadoop, Git repository or similar.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: 5G, Internet of Things (IoT). VoLTE, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) applied to NDO services, and Application Experience Optimization
- Deep technical RAN knowledge is an advantage
- Experienced in using the radio network design and optimisation tools is an advantage (Atoll, Planet etc).
- Ability to travel globally up to 80% of the time (project dependent)
- Full Australian working rights
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.