Infrastructure Support Specialist VMWare SME
Red Bee Media is a global media business, which has more than 2000 employees based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, US, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere, through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry.
The Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for maintaining and supporting the global network, storage and compute platforms across all global sites, ensuring a world class service is delivered for our customers. Within this team, the Wintel squad is responsible for the ongoing operation, maintenance and life-cycle management of all Microsoft/VMware based platforms that enable the delivery of cost effective & reliable solutions to meet both end user computing and broadcast requirements for Red Bee Media.
In this role, you will be engaged in day-to-day maintenance of the existing VMware/Wintel infrastructure. You will provide 3rd line support, complete infrastructure migration and decommissioning projects.
You should always be learning and keeping your knowledge of infrastructure platforms up to date to enable you to recommend upgrades where appropriate.
- You will be able to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- Your role will be to see technology as a business enabler and to maintain a deep understanding of the service we provide to the customer, viewing systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components.
Experience & Knowledge:
The post-holder must have substantial experience in each of the following areas:
- Expert knowledge of, and experience with VMware environments (Hyper-V experience a distinct advantage) and highly skilled at troubleshooting
- The role requires very strong knowledge of all aspects of an enterprise-level Microsoft and VMware environment (MCSE or VCP certification a distinct advantage)
- Strong infrastructure 3rd line support, highly skilled at troubleshooting and ability to resolve issues in complex system and network infrastructures
- Substantial knowledge and skilled in supporting Microsoft AD, GPO, Server operating systems and core infrastructure components (file/print, PKI, NPS, DFS & data migrations)
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change-controlled environment would be beneficial.
- AWS Experience would also be beneficial.
Red Bee Media offer flexible working and hours but as a technical specialist you will occasionally be required to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || White City || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 289571