Tableau- Visualization Developer
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize a 5G network, Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies- will be vital for us to handle that complexity. We are setting up a Global AI Accelerator in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Are you patinate about data and enjoy working in Tableau. If so, come join the Ericsson family and help us transform how we leverage data to drive business results?
Be a part of a team that is driving our data strategy. This is a new way to run our business by leveraging our data to drive performance improvements through highly visible data metrics. Drill-down functionality will uncover root causes to achieve sustainable results. These metrics and dashboards will be the inputs to driving real time governance.
We are seeking to hire a Tableau Developer at our Plano, HQ office.
The Tableau Developer will be responsible for creating data visualization designs to enhance business solutions, bring clarity to business operations and to assist in automating previously static reporting by using dynamic and interactive capabilities with the Tableau Tool Suite. They will work both independently and with small teams to craft and deliver highly interactive dashboards across a complex business landscape.
This role will have visibility and interaction will all levels of leadership in Ericsson, as we partner with them to design and implement critical business reporting and metrics.
- Partner with leadership & operational teams to develop complex Tableau solutions.
- Possess the creativity necessary to solution intelligent Tableau stories, highlighting opportunities and while providing actionable insights.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and management of our Tableau portfolio.
- Be able to adopt corporate standards and develop clean Tableau solutions while applying best practices to enable reusability, while minimizing scope for maintenance and modifications.
- Must be conformable working in an environment where business requirements and expectations evolve or change rapidly.
- Manage customer relationships throughout the lifecyle of Tableau projects from initial design, development, UAT, customer acceptance, maintenance, modification and break fix.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in teams.
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years SQL development experience
- 3+ years Tableau (2018.X) desktop development experience in a corporate setting
- Strong technical skills to publish, schedule, and refresh (full, incremental) reports, flows, extracts and workbooks using Tableau Server
- Strong knowledge of Tableau functions. Calculated fields, parameter controls, hierarchy, groups, sets, dashboard actions, filters, multiple data source joins/blends, LOD and geospatial design.
- Be an efficient problem solver and possess the ability to learn tableau techniques quickly.
- Able to work across multiple data sources and environments
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of visualization best practices Good knowledge of business mathematics and statistics used in corporate settings
- Understand KPI/dashboarding development and business data representation
- Able to work with stakeholders to create requirement documentation
- Strong communicator, willing to teach and explain to end users how to use Tableau reports
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of small teams
- Must be able to work with short timelines and with high visibility
- Enterprise Data Warehousing, SQL, MYSQL, Excel, VBA, R, Python, Statistics, Data Mining, Data Analysis, Data Modeling/Transformation.
- Tableau Desktop Certification, a plus
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || IT