Business Analytics Specialist
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
We are seeking to hire a Data Analytics Specialist to join our Networks Reporting and Analytics team in Plano, TX.
Purpose of the Job Role:
As an engagement leader towards internal business units and stakeholders of Ericsson you are expected to consult, coach and develop use cases in advanced analytics in the respective units. It is a quasi pre sales role, in line for a management consulting experience with flavor or relationship and delivery management. Objective is to enable delivery teams to provide insight and advice based on thorough and methodical investigation, analysis, and presentation of data. The Business Analytics Specialist applies his/her business knowledge and analytics skills on data, to engage, motivate and drive analytical solutions in business. He/she works as an advisor to decision makers, to outline both causes and remedies to business problems. Provides functional process and data expertise, qualifies Analytics IT requirements and manages the Analytics Solution portfolio within his/her area of responsibility.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage analytics stakeholders
- Drive Business Analysis assignment
- Provide functional process and data expertise
- Manage Analytics Solutions Portfolio
- Review and analyze information through different reports and researches
- Interview or facilitate focused group discussions with management and employees.
- Develop and present recommendations for the management.
- Develop plans and programs for change implementation in the organization. Monitor delivery and communicate the results.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical related. MBA preferred.
- 7 to 10 years experience or demonstrated success and understanding in driving business engagements relevant to AI/ML, automation or such emerging technologies
- Relevant experience as a management consultant or senior business analyst, with effecting understanding of software development process
- Ability to consult with senior management and define the problem through consultations, meetings and case studies;
- Experience in large organization in a change driver role is a must.
- Be an effective communicator and presenter
- Effective portfolio management & management reporting skills
- Pre sales experience or change manager experience is a plus
- Proven ability in effective communication with senior and executive management
- Good knowledge in analytical techniques and statistics
- Ability to be a bridge between technical and business teams
- Management consulting background is a plus
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || IT