About Red Bee Media
Every day, people on all continents watch television programs prepared, managed and broadcast by Red Bee Media staff. Every year, the business delivers more than 2.7 million hours of programming in more than 60 languages for nearly 600 TV channels.
Its content discovery portfolio spans more than 10 million movies and program titles, covering over 25 languages, and includes an image database covering over 90 percent of all programming available across traditional TV, video on demand (VOD) and subscription video on demand (SVOD).
It provides over 230,000 hours of captioning each year – more than 100,000 hours of which is live
As the Playout Director you will perform a key role within Red Bee Media Playout operations and will be responsible for the accurate, effective and smooth management and running of broadcast channels in a Playout environment, on behalf of clients.
- You will ensure that all schedules are ready for Playout and that they conform with OFCOM and client guidelines, continually carrying out detailed checks to ensure that the media/material is correct
- By monitoring channels & streams, you will carry out spot-checks to ensure that the outputs are accurate and that planned schedules are being delivered as intended
- You will operate computerised single and multi-channel Playout equipment according to agreed procedures and in emergencies or where necessary, deploy Disaster Recovery plans and stand by material, making changes if needed at the last minute
- You must have a good awareness of current affairs and how this might affect media/material, schedules and against OFCOM or other editorial guidelines and to suggest changes as per client guidelines
- You will liaise with Red Bee Managers and clients ensuring late changes or alterations are timely and effective, also being a point of contact for Ad Sales and Media Planning. This could be both in and out of office hours for late commercial, promotion, interstitial and program schedule changes
- You will always be up to speed with client agreements ensuring that Red Bee Media is exceeding expectations and where necessary, suggest improvements which can be made to services
To be suitable for this role you have a substantial amount of experience within a similar broadcasting environment, which is technically driven and where service provision is critical.
You will have also been exposed to and ideally worked in a similar pressurised environment having the ability to remain calm and collect.
You will excellent knowledge of television transmission systems and the equipment required. You should have a good understanding and awareness of relevant regulatory guidelines (eg. OFCOM).
Core competencies for this position include; decision making, teamwork, communication, creative thinking, and organisation.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Playout Operations Job Stage 04