STS OSS Product Support & DevOps Engineer
PDU OSS - STS OSS Product Support & DevOps Engineer
PDU OSS Athlone is the main development center for the OSS product portfolio.
STS (Shared Telco Services) OSS is hosted in PDU OSS and provides services of Telecom Applications and E2E Networks by using the latest competence maintained thanks to co-location with R&D PDUs. STS OSS delivers Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting and Integration services for OSS applications to organizations outside of PDU OSS R&D organization.
STS OSS support OSS, ENIQ-S, ENIQ-Events, Navigator, ENM, MPS products.
We are now looking for DevOps & Support Engineers for a new STS OSS team that will provide technical service and support to other Ericsson organizations outside of our own R&D organization.
In this role, you will configure and integrate various node types including RAN, Transport, Mobile Core, Converged Core & UDM in internal Ericsson E2E networks.
You will troubleshoot and resolve environment & configuration issues to stabilize and optimize the PDU OSS products on Cloud based platforms.
You will provide technical service and support, as well as developing customized automated monitoring & rollout solutions.
You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as STS OSS customers. The role more than often requires you to take on responsibility of driving issues to conclusion and it is important that you can work independently and as part of a cross functional team.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• ENM installations & upgrades (on Cloud based platforms)
• Perform Continuous Analysis and Requirement Handling
• Develop and Test High Quality Products
• Perform Troubleshooting and Customer Support
• Drive Continuous Improvements of Products and Processes
• Develop Competence in Technical Domain
• At least 5 years Unix/ Solaris or Linux experience.
• Very good working knowledge of Operating Systems such as Redhat Linux
• Knowledge of Cloud OpenStack is an advantage
• Excellent proven troubleshooting skills
• Good experience of OSS, ENM, ENIQ, OMBS is required
• 5+ years of troubleshooting experience in OSS RC/ENIQ/OMBS
• 2+ year of troubleshooting experience in ENM
• Databases: Administration of object, relational or graphing databases
• Experience with HP blade & EMC SAN solutions
• Networks: Experience of some: ATM/IP, GPRS, GSM, WCDMA, LTE, IMS from either a telecom manufacturing company or telecom network operator is essential
• Scripting / Programming: Java, Perl, CORBA, SQL
• Proven TCP/IP and Veritas skills (Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster)
• Experience in Java, Selenium Test Automation, Python Scripting
Other Requirements & Core Competences:
Bachelors or higher degree (preferably in Engineering or Computer Science) strongly preferred
The successful candidates will have excellent communication and documentation skills, good team working and problem-solving skills, good attitude for learning and continuous development of skillset.
• Product Development Knowledge
• Product Life Cycle Management Knowledge
• Business Understanding
• Lean & Agile Knowledge and Skills
• Working with People
• Relating & Networking
• Adapting & Responding to Change
• Creating & Innovating
• Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Athlone || R&D
Job details: Developer