Commercial Contract Manager for Latam in Market Area Europe and Latin America (MELA)
Industry experts developing commercial/contractual strategies & executing them through (1) creation and positioning of commercial value;(2) improvement in terms & conditions from a commercial, legal perspective; and (3) creation & protection of up-sell opportunities; Risk Management across the contractual lifecycle; Monitoring & working with the Core 3 team, for improved financial (margins, cash, working capital & upsell) performance of contracts, from the prior sales decision baseline; Ensuring governance, through adherence to Sales Directives and business delegation obtaining requisite approvals; Relationship management for enduring customer relationships & satisfaction, both internally & externally.
Location: preferably Santiago de Chile
Reports to: Head of MELA NMS Contract Management MELA/Hub South
Based in Santiago and predominantly focused on the wide scope of pre-and post-sales activities with the varied Ericsson customers in South America, the main responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Key commercial interface and drive negotiation with customers on agreements across all areas of Ericsson’s Networks and Managed Services business, ensuring compliance to company policies, Sales Directives and other relevant directives in force.
- Provide guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations as required by the business with reference to Group Legal when necessary.
- Ensure strict contractual scope bounding is established to protect against any profit leakage through scope creep, e.g. via agreed change control.
- Provide internal guidance on mitigation claims, and resolve any escalations via commercial governance. Maintain knowledge of operational issues which could result in commercial disputes. Advise operational teams on commercial risk mitigation strategies.
- Negotiate and resolve commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope.
- Protect Ericsson's rights under contract and ensure the proper performance of the respective party’s obligations
- Defend and improve profitability and working capital via professional risk- and claim management.
- Lead the Change Request Process from a contractual perspective
Manage and support new and ongoing business opportunities and deals through adherence to Ericsson Sales Process and established MELA Way of Working and Governance, including Opportunity and Qualification Board (OQB) and Offer Review Board (ORB). Work closely with the Sales teams to ensure professional risk awareness and contract compliance towards the Ericsson wanted position.
Qualifications and Competence Requirements
Education and Certifications:
- University degree in relevant discipline such as law/business administration/finance/engineering (or similar/equivalent)
- IACCM certified or equivalent is a plus
- Experienced and confident dealing with both customers and management at all levels
- Customer interface and negotiation experience
- Proven Risk and Claim Management experience
- Excellent relationship development skills at all levels
- Strong contractual and business law awareness
- Proven track record of commercial management and business case development
- Experience with and knowledge of Network roll-out, Managed Service deals and/or Telecom Infrastructure a strong plus
- Good appreciation of operational and financial issues
- Creative, innovative mind-set to spot opportunities and synergies
- Tenacious, determined and self-managing
- Fluency in English and Spanish both written and oral (candidates not meeting this requirement will not be considered)
Note that only CVs in English will be considered.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Chile (CL) || || Santiago de Chile || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 289300