Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
The Configuration Analyst is accountable for managing the assigned incidents, Service Requests, Change Managenent and Planning.
He/she administers the configuration control process, and controls and reports on status information on CI's
•Provide information on the status of CI's
•Assists in the identification of products and CI's
•Maintains current status information on CI's
•Maintains mandatory information on CI
- A Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of work experience in Technology industry with a focus on IT infrastructure and operations and a basic understanding of business topology
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Configuration Management with strong subject matter expertise in IT Service Management processes including Configuration Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Release Management
- 2 years of overall experience in deploying, maintaining, implementing CMDB tool to map IT assets, hardware and application in an enterprise organization
- Significant work experience with BMC CMDB, ADDM and modules supporting the ITIL Lifecycle, as well as a solid understanding of the platform's architecture and databases schemas to ensure Service Mapping is understood and devised.
- Solid experience in the relationship between Assets and Configuration items; understanding where each fit in the lifecycle
- Overall knowledge of ITIL's Service Design, Service Strategy, Service Transition, Service Operations, and Continual Service Improvement processes (ITIL v3). And a Minimum ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- Solid understanding of IT operations principles, constructs and best practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Noida || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 289205