Bucharest Operations Centre Manager
This is a key role within the 24/7 shift environment acting as the role overall responsible for the Bucharest NOC within SL Operate covering SDU Operate Romania and SDU Operate IoT & Media. Primary lead for all major or significant incidents affecting the customer(s) service or network. The individual is responsible for owning, driving and managing the restoration of the service or network ensuring clear, concise and timely communication is maintained throughout the lifecycle of the event. Role will be part of a team of Operations Centre Managers which will provide a permanent presence within the Bucharest NOC covering shift rota.
When on shift the individual will be responsible for the “Real Time Management” of the operational service maintaining constant awareness of overall performance and taking necessary actions to correct the delivery to ensure required service levels are maintained, improved, or recovered. Will be the most senior member of the 24/7 Bucharest NOC team, in place to drive the NOC to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the “Real Time Management” of the service/network maintaining a constant awareness of the delivery and performance. Take necessary actions to ensure service levels are maintained or improved and identifying any potential future risk(s) were specific plans/actions may be required to either mitigated or reduced likely impact.
- Accountable for the overall performance of the SL Operate NOC while on shift, ensuring colleagues from across SL Operate are completing their tasks and activities as per the requirements of their contracts.
- As the most senior person on shift within the Bucharest NOC you will be responsible to take the final decision on how to handle incidents, to join customer calls as required and provide clear direction to the other colleagues on shift from across all SL Operate functions, e.g. Service Management, Front Office, Service Desk, Back Office, etc
- Accountable for management of major/significant Incidents which may/have affected the customers network or service ensuring that relevant actions are taken to the restore/stabilise the service as quickly as possible. Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to customers and internal stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the Incident managing expectations, issues or concerns effectively.
- Accountable for ensuring initial incident report is created post service restoration or incident closure. Contributing to the content were required, ensuring any actions, observations or learnings are captured and any immediate relevant follow up activities are requested and tracked within the relevant system/process.
- Accountable for “Real Time” performance of the Bucharest shift teams, ensuring that activities/actions are in line with immediate priorities of the network/service and they are being progressed correctly.
- Accountable for ensuring handover between teams/individuals, ensuring continuity in the management of ongoing Incidents or events and awareness of current risks and issues which have or might gain high level of visibility or attention within the customer/internal organisation.
- Creating or updating process documentation to reflect changes in handling of customer escalations or queries
- Actively contributing to development and improvement of the service across all aspects of the delivery (Ways of working, management of work stack, customer interface and management, 3PP engagement, performance of delivery units, automation etc).
- Maintain and drive a self-managed competence baseline, identifying development and learning requirements in line with the customer network/service evolution and its strategy. Sharing knowledge and experience openly with the formal and virtual team members.
- Highlight any performance issues in the SL Operate Bucharest NOC teams and propose improvement plans as required
Technical Competencies & Experience (Essential and Desirable)
- Good level understanding of the customers network and services
- Experience working within a customer lead environment with ability to manage customer expectations and build/maintain key relationships.
- Proven ability to manage/lead service/network recovery within a complex support and service environment
- Ability to use database/spreadsheet applications to manipulate data and reports to support ongoing analysis and present conclusions
- Good understanding of ITIL incident, problem, change practices.
- 10 years+ experience working within a NOC type environment
Key personal traits
- Good people skills with ability to lead/manage multi-disciplined teams within local and global environment against time critical events and incidents
- Strong Team player (formal and virtual teams).
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills with ability to lead/steer decision making process
- Good time management, planning and organisation skills, with ability to review and adapt based on changing operational environment
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills, with thorough attention to detail.
- Confident communicator, internally and customer-facing, written, verbal and face to face.
- Proven level of experience in Operation & Maintenance, implementation, integration, operations, support or testing environment.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SharedServ
Req ID: 289170