Post Production Edit Assistant
Job Title: Post Production Edit Assistant
Base: The Production Centre at Channel 4, Horseferry Road SW1
Job Description: This vacancy is for a Post Production Edit Assistant based at Channel 4’s headquarters in Victoria. The Production Centre provides Post Production facilities (including VT dubbing) for Channel 4’s internal departments such as editing audio and video for Promos and Trailers for E4, More 4, Film Four, BoxTV and Channel 4 as well as re-versioning many programmes for legal and compliance reasons.
The role is suitable for someone with some previous experience working in post production who will provide operational support to the Avid (and linear) suites and who will thrive on working in our busy Digital Media area. This role demands someone who is naturally organised and can juggle multiple requests.
Redbee Media - Overview
Red Bee Media is one of the world’s leading media services companies. Working with broadcasters, content owners, platform operators and brands, the company blends technology and creative expertise to provide a range of services; from playout, multi-platform media management and distribution through to access services, metadata, content discovery, companion applications and brand consultancy.
Every day, people on all continents watch television programs prepared, managed and broadcast by Red Bee Media staff. Every year, the business delivers more than 2.7 million hours of programming in more than 60 languages for nearly 600 TV channels. Its content discovery portfolio spans more than 10 million movies and program titles, covering over 25 languages, and includes an image database covering over 90 percent of all programming available across traditional TV, video on demand (VOD) and subscription video on demand (SVOD). It provides over 230,000 hours of captioning each year – more than 100,000 hours of which is live.
- To carry out routine operations such as conforms, file exports, Video AAFs, EDLs, digicuts and digitising into Avid Media Composer and managing media within an Avid Interplay environment.
- To assist all editing staff and clients with attended and unattended bookings as required.
- To carry out simple editing tasks as requested by Bookings or Editors.
- To do all manner of file transfers using various encoding software and hardware within the Digital Media area.
- Knowledge of current camera formats and the ability to deal with various codec’s, handling 4k media, DCP, DPP files
- To carry out tasks using HDCam SR and Digibeta decks.
- To communicate and react efficiently and effectively to urgent bookings as and when requested by the Bookings Team.
- To guide freelance editors and creatives on how workflow and media housekeeping is managed at the Production Centre.
- To manage movement of files and tapes including all paperwork associated with media as required
- To work as part of a team and maintain good working relationships and service levels with clients.
- Experience of working in a busy post production MCR or Digital Media environment
- Solid working knowledge of Avid Media Composer
- Understanding of shared storage Avid Unity / ISIS
- Knowledge of tapeless formats and processes
- Solid knowledge of decks and tape formats
- Good general IT and problem solving skills
- Excellent client-facing skills.
Skills and Behavior:
- The role will involve shift working so flexibility is essential
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Knowledge of a broadcast environment
- Knowledge of post production workflows
- Experience & familiarity with Avid edit products and storage
- Good client handling skills and experience working with a variety of clients
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
Experience & Knowledge (ideally)
- Experience of working with server based media
- Experience in Avid Interplay
- Experience with Final Cut Pro editing system
- Knowledge of Scheduling software
- Knowledge of Pro Tools, Smoke Assist, After Effects and Photoshop
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Horseferry Road, SW London || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 289140