Product Development Leader
Job Title: Product Development Leader
Red Bee Media:
Red Bee Media is the world’s leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with the best media brands in the world, we enrich and ensure media experiences.
Every day, people on all continents watch television programs prepared, managed and broadcast by Red Bee Media staff. Every year, the business delivers more than 2.7 million hours of programming in more than 60 languages for nearly 600 TV channels. Its content discovery portfolio spans more than 10 million movies and program titles, covering over 25 languages, and includes an image database covering over 90 percent of all programming available across traditional TV, video on demand (VOD) and subscription video on demand (SVOD). It provides over 230,000 hours of captioning each year – more than 100,000 hours of which is live
Red Bee Media's Content Discovery team ensures that consumers enjoy rich content presented in a way that is engaging and easy to understand across Europe and America. Using state of the art technology to empower a team of over 300 editorial experts, we maintain metadata for more than 14,000 linear and on-demand sources globally. We deliver our services to many of the biggest actors in the broadcast and media industry and we are continually looking to grow and expand our business into new markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the industry, delivering the data that drives the future of their user experiences.
The Product Development Leader works closely with all parts of the Content Discovery organisation and our Operations team to realise work coming from our customers or product team all the way from conception until delivery.
In addition to coordinating the activities of our team of four business analyst and solution architects, an important aspect of the role is to act as a facilitator making sure that we have good processes and clear communication in place.
Last but not least, the Product Development Leader will support the Product and Architecture team running internal projects.
This job reports to: Head of Product and Architecture – Content Discovery
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to day coordination and prioritisation or business analyst and solution architect work
- Line management responsibility for team of business analysts and solution architects
- Communicate status, progress and prioritisation to relevant stakeholders
- Work with key internal stakeholders and third-party partners as well as other Red Bee media units in particular:
- Work closely with sales and pre-sales to provide support on RFPs and other customer opportunities
- Work closely with strategic product managers for Content Discovery to understand product requirements and commercial objectives
- Work closely with service delivery managers for Content Discovery to understand customer requirements
- Work closely with our Operations and Editorial teams to understand their requirements and impact of changes
- Work closely with architecture to validate requirements from a functional perspective and ensure solutions fit
- Work closely with tech delivery to ensure requirements are understood and estimates and timescales are provided for implementation
- Contribute to definition of processes and compliance with company and 3rd party policies (e.g. ISO9001)
- Drive and deliver internal projects initiated by the Content Discovery product and architecture team
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Masters’ or equivalent degree in Science, Engineering or similar subjects
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal, including the ability to create and deliver clear, concise presentations
- Experience as a line manager, preferably with Ericsson processes
- A solid technical understanding with some experience working with software development teams
- Good understanding of current technology and trends
- Highly motivated, able to show initiative and accountability within a dynamic work environment - Able to travel internationally
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of the broadcast and meta data industry.
- Knowledge about software development processes
- Familiarity with cloud based systems
- Willingness to tackle new challenges as part of a team or independently
The role can be based across Europe
Some travel to customers’ sites or other Red Bee Media offices may be required (worldwide)
Come join the experts in our field. We are Professional, Innovative and Passionate; are you?
Tag: #melahj, #hj
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng
Job details: Application dvlp & 3rd level support Job Stage 06