At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
Team Description & Purpose of Role
The role is dev-ops focused on top of JAVA applications and includes bug fixing, coding, and unit testing, performance improvement, automation for web systems and any related systems and technologies around the J2EE landscape.
- Management and implementation of new automatic scripts and applications
- Verify and implement configuration changes at the request of the customer or when is needed for performance reasons
- Coordinate and work together with other teams such as 2nd line of support, 1st level support, testing, development.
- Installation, tuning, and troubleshooting of complex software applications
- Linux/Unix sysadmin with DevOps/configuration management exposure
- Linux/Unix sysadmin (all flavors of Linux welcome, RedHat/CentOS preferred)
- Configuration management and automation with Ansible
- Shell script and Python script programming basics
- Application administration and support experience
- Good understanding of SLA, Incident management and Problem management processes
- Understanding of Jenkins or other CI engines/solutions
Nice to have
- Virtualization knowledge
- VirtualBox/Vagrant VM
- VMWare, ESXi
- Log collecting and analysis (Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana), rsyslog
- Basic experience installing/administering DBs (Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience in DevOps roles/environments
- Configuration management/automation/orchestration knowledge (any of chef/puppet/ansible/rundeck etc.)
- Firewall/iptables Linux/Unix.
- Load balancing (HAproxy, etc.)
- Certificate/PKI infrastructure (OpenSSL, etc.).
- Knowledge of artifact management solutions (artifactory, nexus, etc.)
- Installing, configuring and administering Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence)
Ericsson Telecommunications, GSC Bucharest
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary Package
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning opportunities and knowledgeable colleagues
- You will have access to the latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work-life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams