Experienced FPGA and ASIC Designer for digital signal processing development
The Digital Radio Implementation unit is one of several units responsible for the development of new radio hardware units, which is part of base stations development within Ericsson for GSM, WCDMA, LTE, 5G and future standards. The team is involved in all parts of the product development process; technical studies, research, pre-development and designs for high volume products.
The main technical responsibility for the team is the antenna near signal processing blocks implemented in ASIC, FPGA and/or structured ASIC circuits.
Your main responsibility is to implement advanced signal processing algorithms in HW using description language (HDL) for our radio base stations through concept, design, modelling, analysis, implementation, and verification.
The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Gathering and understanding of requirements and specifications, and translating this in effective signal processing implementations to meet the expectations from our customers
- Actively participate in the Algorithm development for the RF transmitter and receiver. This includes taking part in developing, verifying and validating algorithms.
- Work closely with experts and senior specialist to drive improvements, by identifying new opportunities based on expansion of existing, as well as creating new solutions
- Working in a fast-paced collaborative environment developing cutting edge advanced signal processing solutions. Write technical design documentation for all your designs
- Model signal processing algorithms using tools such as Matlab Investigate new technologies
- Advanced trouble shooting and Customer Support
To succeed in this role, the preferred candidate should be:
- Service minded and self-motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand ones’ knowledge
- Have a creative and innovative mindset
- Be prepared to take accountability with the team for the design delivered to customer
- Always looking for ways to improve the work
- Result-oriented and have good communication skills.
- A master’s degree, or PhD, in electrical engineering, engineering physics or similar work experience
- 5+ years of experience in implementing, and testing, signal processing algorithms
- 5+ years in a Design & Development role
- Proven theoretical and practical knowledge of digital signal processing algorithms, e.g. digital filters, FFTs, turbo codes and LDPC, fixed-point implementation of DSP data paths digital communications.
- Experience from concept development, through implementation and integration for ASIC and FPGA.
- Knowledge of simulation, synthesis (e.g. Synplify, Synopsys DC) timing analysis and place & route (e.g. ISE, Vivado, Quartus, …)
- Programming skills (Matlab, SystemVerilog/SystemC, Tcl, Python, C/C++…).
- Experience with Xilinx and/or Intel FPGAs or equivalent.
- Experience from working with the latest technology nodes of FPGA and ASIC vendors.
- Candidate should be fluent in English.
In addition to this, skills that carry merit include:
- Experience in working with vector engine type of DSP’s
- Experience in translating mathematical models, such as a Matlab program into real-time embedded firmware
- Enjoying lab environment and taking responsibility from implementation to verification on target.
Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. The company’s portfolio is designed to help our customers to go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the globe. Did you know that 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network, connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers? With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. As an Ericsson employee, you have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Through our “Technology for Good” initiative you can take part in creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets, connect remote areas, and help to grow businesses and prosperity.
We continuously screen candidates – apply as early as you can. We look forward to meeting you!
Last day to apply: 9th September, 2019
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Monal from the Recruiter Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kista, Stockholm, Sweden
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Job details: Developer Job Stage 06