Strategic Sourcing Category Manager - Network Services
We are currently recruiting for a Network Services Strategic Sourcing Category Manager (SSCM) to strengthen Ericsson’s competitive position by maximizing supplier value, proactively managing business risks, and creating value for the Customer. As a Strategic Sourcing Category Manager, you will manage categories of spend, be accountable for the development and implementation of robust sourcing strategies that link to core business deliverables while leveraging the marketplace and supplier community.
You will perform end to end strategic sourcing and category management functions: analyzing the third party spending to identify opportunities, developing category strategies, and executing the sourcing process (including but not limited to RFx, negotiations, contracting activities). Responsibilities will be developing relationships and provide strategic category direction to executive management and cross-functional teams. Finally, you will work across other organizations to drive value and provide guidance as well as ensure adherence to procurement processes and policy compliance across the spend category Responsibilities:
- Leads the sourcing process (RFx, RFI, RFP, reverse auction, negotiations), evaluations processes, and provides procurement support for Network Services Categories
- Utilizes the appropriate support tools to drive results and deliver savings
- Support stakeholder spend / vendor related initiatives as needed
- Lead the contract negotiation process, negotiating: pricing, key terms, service level requirements, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and other performance metrics
- Manage the contract review process, obtaining the appropriate approvals prior to execution
- Maintain contracts for the assigned categories within the contract management tool on a continuous basis
- Develop and consistently execute category strategies across the assigned Network Services categories in support of achieving overall savings targets
- Analyze category markets, assess risk, gathering intelligence on fundamental conditions and technical information that impacts the category. Develop sourcing strategies and category strategies based on market intelligence gathered
- Perform total cost of ownership evaluations, perform supply-market research and conduct pricing and impact analysis
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and internal stakeholders to identify and execute continuous cost and performance improvement strategies
- Be the central point of expertise and knowledge for commercial aspects of each Network Services category
- Lead cross-functional sourcing teams / Interact cross-functionally with all other departments and serve as an effective and value-added service for the entire organization
- Monitor category purchasing reports and ensure compliance to policies and procedures on a continuous basis
- Identify and implement streamlined category purchasing processes and supporting tools Supplier
- Measure and manage “suppliers’” (aka vendors, providers, agencies, firms, etc.) performance relative to contracted service levels and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Identify and resolve strategic supplier performance issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Negotiate and manage key supplier relationships and supply contracts
- Maintain regular contact with current suppliers and resolve ongoing issues as needed Promote continuous improvement/cost reductions on a regular and proactive basis General:
- Coach and develop team members in their performance and professional development Guide and coach staff on Sourcing best practices
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Supply-Chain Management or equivalent.
- Min 3-5 years of Strategic Sourcing Experience
- Business Domain Experience: Telecom or IT Network Services, Construction, Professional Services
- Sourcing Practice, Process & Strategy Knowledge (Sourcing 7 Step Process)
- Change & Improvement Management Skills
- Commercial Acumen & Skills
- Financial Acumen & Skills
- US Laws as it relates to Contract Agreements
- Services Telecom Strategic Sourcing experience preferred
- Master’s Degree in Supply-Chain Management or MBA preferred
- Working knowledge of Telecom, Technology and IT Business Concepts
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SharedServ
Job details: Sourcing Category Manager