Specialist - Security Solution
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Security Solution SME is a pre-sales specialist role in Ericsson BDGS Sales & Commercial Management organization, which will be responsible for providing detailed Security solution definition related to the Core & Cloud Solution Offering to our Telco customers deploying 5G networks. Security Solution lead is expected to be an expert in network & IT security with special focus on securing confidentiality and integrity of all data and high availability of IMS, Packet Core and NFVI solutions complying. Key task is to support the account teams to influence the Security requirements in RFPs based on Ericsson strategy, answer the security part of the RFPs and also offer engagement support pre and post RFP.
- Interfaces with Customer Solution Responsible / Technical Lead / Domain Sales Manager and provide the Security solutions to be offered in any particular proposal as a Security specialist team member in bids and/or customer engagements
- Analyze security requirements within any RFP and provide most optimal solution and Statement of compliance response for those requirements
- Provide pre-RFP requirements formulation and engagement support to Market Areas.
- Participate in Security workgroups in Market Area and Business Area and align themselves to the needs of the market and Business Area strategy accordingly.
- Quality Assurance for security clauses response for all proposals
- Maintain knowledge of key competitor’s security strategy
- Lead technical experts on product security both from requirement & frameworks, perspective
- Support ramp up of Security Competence across the unit
- Align with Business Area Security team in terms of processes competence to answer RFP clauses from End-End perspective and WoW.
- Determines security requirements for 5G networks by evaluating business strategies and requirements, researching information security standards, suggesting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements at product level as well as overall solution level.
- 8-10 years of relevant pre-sales solutioning and/or delivery experience in security centric projects within a Telco environment. BE/Btech/ME/Mtech in Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science, IT or Telecommunication.
- Deep expertise in Application security from telecom and/or other industries
- Exposure and understanding of 3GPP Security requirements for 5G Mobile networks is desirable
- Experience of working as a Security lead or overall Security Solution Architect in a complex customer solution in pre-sales or delivery phase.
- Knowledge of Security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies - Designing and implementing security solutions.
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of Private and Public Cloud environments like Openstack, VmWare, AWS and Azure and the respective security architecture.
- Deep experience and skills in Security Architecture in Cloud enabled environments including data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APTs, data loss, DoS attacks, Identity and access management (IAM) etc.
- Preferred Certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)/ Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)/ Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)/ Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)/ Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
- Creative in terms of ability to see and make things in a new or different way, capability of developing inspiration, innovation or insight.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interface with all levels of the organization and establish effective relationship within Ericsson.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal both.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.