Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, crafting intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
The impact of your role at Ericsson
We are one of the top tier providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks.
You will be responsible for the Bucharest NOC within SL Operate covering SDU Operate Romania and SDU Operate IoT & Media. The role will be part of a team of Operations Centre Managers which will provide a permanent presence within the Bucharest NOC covering shift rota.
You will also:
- Be responsible for the “Real Time Management” of the service/network maintaining a constant awareness of the delivery and performance. Take vital actions to ensure service levels are maintained or improved and identifying any potential future risk(s) were specific plans/actions may be required to either mitigated or reduced likely impact;
- Be responsible for the overall performance of the SL Operate NOC while on shift, ensuring colleagues from across SL Operate are completing their tasks and activities as per the requirements of their contracts;
- As the most senior person on shift within the Bucharest NOC you will be responsible to take the final decision on how to handle incidents, to join customer calls as the need arises and provide clear direction to the other colleagues on shift from across all SL Operate functions, e.g. Service Management, Front Office, Service Desk, Back Office, etc;
- Be accountable for management of major/significant Incidents which may/have affected the customers network or service ensuring that relevant actions are taken to the restore/stabilise the service as quickly as possible;
- Actively contribute to development and improvement of the service across all aspects of the delivery;
- Maintain and drive a self-managed competence baseline, identifying development and learning requirements in line with the customer network/service evolution and its strategy.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
Good level understanding of the customers network and services;
Experience working within a customer lead environment with ability to handle customer expectations and build/maintain key relationships;
Proven ability to run/lead service/network recovery within a sophisticated support and service environment;
Ability to use database/spreadsheet applications to manipulate data and reports to support ongoing analysis and present conclusions.
Good understanding of ITIL incident, problem, change practices;
10 years+ in a NOC type environment.
- Key soft skills:
Good people skills able to lead/run multi-disciplined teams within local and global environment against time critical events and incidents;
Excellent communication and leadership skills
Analytical and strong problem-solving skills, with thorough attention to detail;
Proven level of experience in Operation & Maintenance, implementation, integration, operations, support or testing environment;
Willing to work in shifts;
Benefits to suit your dreams
Contract type: full time;
25 vacation days/year;
Flexible Working Hours;
Medical & life insurance;
Career plan mentoring;
Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile enabled);
Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
In case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
& more other benefits that the recruiting colleagues are looking forward to present them to you, once applied.
Still curious? As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT; R&D; SharedServ
Req ID: 288334