Captioner - Red Bee Media
- 12-month Fixed Term Contract
- Great opportunity to join a live and pre-recorded TV environment while supporting those with sight and hearing impairments
We are now looking for an Access Services Operations Specialist. In this role, you will make content accessible to audiences with sensory disabilities on behalf of customers (for example Deaf or hard of hearing, blind or partially sighted) or to speakers of other languages. You will also ensure that the access services files and streams convey messages in line with the relevant editorial and regulatory policies. You execute and operate workflow tools and systems for the preparation and delivery of access services.
- You will Build access services files or streams
- Expertise in operating production systems
- You are responsible for Quality control and reviewing
- You execute archiving & handling material
- You will lead and drive administration & reporting
- Build translations
You will be fully trained to:
- Create verbatim captions for live and pre-recorded programming
- Work to agreed quality levels and undertake continuous quality review activity
- Undertake administrative and archiving duties as required
- Contribute to a team effort that meets the needs of a range of different clients
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Superior written and spoken English skills
- An aptitude for developing a speech recognition profile
- The ability to multitask and work to real-time deadlines
- An aptitude for learning to operate unfamiliar software
- A flexible approach to working hours – you will be working on a rotating roster
- A technical mindset. The ability to understand systems and carry out basic problem solving and troubleshooting is essential
- Quick thinking and a level head. Dealing with changing client requirements, especially in a live TV environment, requires a can-do attitude to achieve a timely and appropriate response
Red Bee Media offers:
- Full training
- A competitive salary with associated benefits
- Full-time hours across a 4-day week (weekend work included)
- YOU + ERICSSON - staff benefits
- Further development and career opportunities
If you’re interested in working with our team the apply now!
**Only candidates with Australian Work Rights will be considered**
Red Bee Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Red Bee Media complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Red Bee Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || Consulting&SysInt
Job details: Access Services Operations Job Stage 02