Senior Manager Data Science
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real-time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks. The combination of 5G wireless networks with distributed edge compute and access to real-time data in a mobile environment, will drive next-generation networks and solutions towards economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies will be vital for us and our customers to take advantage of these opportunities. To that end, we are setting up a Global AI Accelerator in Canada, the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution. The Canadian team, based in Montreal, will be >30 employees.
Machine Intelligence (MI), the combination of Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies is what Ericsson uses to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations. MI is also a key competence for to enable new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data insights.
Ericsson is now looking for a senior and experienced leader to lead members of the AI team. The position will report into the Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) team.
In this role you will:
As the Senior Manager of GAIA you have an advanced understanding of Data Science (DS), Machine Learning and programming, as well as, managerial skills to build and manage a strong local team. You will use your knowledge and/or experience in Data Science methodologies to lead a team of professionals in solving challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. Working in a highly collaborative environment, where you communicate and plan tasks and ideas, on high impact initiatives in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings. Your contribution will also help to create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct functional and technical analysis within Ericsson organization and strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities.
- Lead a team for rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solution addressing these needs. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems.
- Participate in studies and find creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Scientists and Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Build the Montreal-based MI team and manage their work to be in-line with the Global AI Accelerator team’s objectives, plans and assignments.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents.
- Work with new technologies and champion them in MI Communities within Ericsson.
- Assist MI Competence build-up in Ericsson businesses and Customer serving units.
- Help to develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives.
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI’s needs.
You also have:
- MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Physics, or related field.
- Applied experience: 2+ years of Machine Learning experience in data science.
- Proven track-record in management and building highly motivated and results-oriented teams.
- Ability to work independently with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence.
- Extensive experience in model development and life-cycle-management in one or more industry/application domain.
- Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Skills in Machine Learning, e.g., linear/logistics regression discriminant analysis, bagging, random forest, Bayesian model, SVM, neural networks, etc.
- Strong skills in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, H2O, Keras, TensorFlow and Spark, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives and research papers addressing their functionalities, scalability and overall industrialization viability.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc.
- Strong knowledge in Statistics, e.g., descriptive analysis and supervised and unsupervised analysis.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
You may have:
- Certifying MI MOOCS.
- Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication networks and/or IoT.
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities.
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation.
- Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs on the results.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || IT